Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jaxon Bogart makeover

Al_Ojeda

Familiar Face
I decided to do some changed to my Jaxon Bogart, it was ok but the lower c crown and the taper typical of modern hats bothered me.

I reblock in a more straight and taller block.
ocrw.jpg

Side by side before after.
befaf.jpg

befaf2.jpg

My version of the bash a la Bogart.:D
bashed.jpg

Enjoy your hats

jpbales

Practically Family
great work!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

i have one question, when you reblock the crown, do you need to use a flange on the brim, or was it not a problem? I've been thinking about making a block, but I can't afford to purchase of flange and I was wondering if it was that necessary in re-blocking a hat. thanks!

Al_Ojeda

Familiar Face
jpbales said:
great work!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

i have one question, when you reblock the crown, do you need to use a flange on the brim, or was it not a problem? I've been thinking about making a block, but I can't afford to purchase of flange and I was wondering if it was that necessary in re-blocking a hat. thanks!

I don't Have a flage niether and coul be really useful if I have it, in this case I only use my hand a lot of patient :D

Dewhurst

Practically Family
The side by side profile view (second from the top) are hard to compare. They seem to be at fairly different angles.[huh]

CRH

Call Me a Cab
More inspiration. I assume this Jaxon hat was 'machine creased', yes.

I currently have a hat that was machine creased and will not cooperate with my traditional and apparently limited hand methods. I need to come up with some tools.

carter

I'll Lock Up
It does appear as though the front pinch is tighter in the shot of the top of the crown
bashed.jpg

than in the front shot(s). And...raising the dents in the After picture adds apparent height to the look.
befaf2.jpg

The placement and size of the side and/or front dents on a hat can make a world of difference in the way it is perceived.

As noted by HPG, did you also change the ribbon or has it been folded under?

Not only were you able to raise the front peak and create more height but you also managed to achieve a well-defined crease. Bravo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy