Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jazz and cocktails in NYC?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
GateXC said:
The Brandy Library (in Tribeca) perfectly fits all of your requirements.

They only play jazz, serves perfectly made (though expensive) cocktails, the best scotch/brandy/cognac selection you'll ever see, and has the requisite atmosphere.

It was very nice indeed. Great atmosphere and spectacular drinks..

Thanks again for introducing us to it...I will have to remember it next time I am in town.

woodyinnyc

One of the Regulars
Thanks for reminding me of the Brandy Library. Someone had mentioned it to me a while back and had completely forgotten about it. May have to give it a try this weekend.

Steven180

One of the Regulars
Can anyone assist...?

I will be in New York for a few days in a couple of months and am looking for decent vintage establishments. I very much enjoy the lounge jazz, speakeasy atmosphere. Not only in bars but restaurants or genuine historical locations to relax as well.

I remember hearing some time ago about a 40's style lounge/bar/ball that was on the top floor of a building somewhere. (?) Ring a bell? Are the recommendations on this thread still timely?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
M.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
It's pricey, but Bemelmens at the Hotel Carlyle certainly fits the bill (it's on the ground floor, though). But it has actual 1940s style, rather than a hipster's idea of 1940s (and I don't mean that to be remotely as snotty as it sounds -- I just mean that Bemelmens actually dates back that far, and is housed in an elegant hotel, so it's not a retro hot spot for the $5 stingy brim crowd).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace