Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeff Ruby, Fedora Lounger?

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
By now, you've probably read that Louisville restaurant owner Jeff Ruby refused to serve OJ Simpson and his party. My wife read that article and, being an avid Internet researcher, she searched for this bold man of principle on the web.

Upon reaching Ruby's own website, http://www.jeffruby.com/, she observed that Mr. Ruby "looks like a Fedora Lounger." I had to admit the photo on his home page could very well pass for an avatar in these parts.

What do you think?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
MrNewportCustom said:
O.J. neds to be ostracized like this until he finally confesses.
I've seen O.J. out on the town in Miami on several occasions, always accompanied by a group of people, with a constant stream of well-wishers stopping by his table for backslapping and photo ops. So much for shunning a murderer. :eusa_doh:

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DeeDub said:
By now, you've probably read that Louisville restaurant owner Jeff Ruby refused to serve OJ Simpson and his party. My wife read that article and, being an avid Internet researcher, she searched for this bold man of principle on the web.

Upon reaching Ruby's own website, http://www.jeffruby.com/, she observed that Mr. Ruby "looks like a Fedora Lounger." I had to admit the photo on his home page could very well pass for an avatar in these parts.

What do you think?

I have to agree, he does remind me of a certain Fedora Lounger. Yet, this is the world of the internet where people can create themselves to protect their anonymity. So, it might just be that this person doesn't want to reveal who he is, just like many others don't either. I hope you don't think I'm being rude. There are plenty of Loungers here who go to events and say what their real names are. Other do not, for many different reasons. We have over 5,000 members, for all we know we could have celebrities who wouldn't reveal who they are. They like the place and want to use it but don't want to be bothered. That's what's so great about the internet. Those who don't want to be known, don't have to be. I guess what I'm trying to say, and I apologize if this comes across as impolite, it truly isn't my intention. I guess I'm just saying it this way for lack of a better term or sophistication, but I have a feeling that there are people on the internet who don't want to be "outted" to those fellow internet patrons. If they did, they would come out with their true identity themselves. That's even if the person is who we think. It's more than likely that it's just an uncanny resemblance, his doppelganger.

As for OJ, I'd love the opportunity to snub or ostracize him! He deserves it, but that's just my humble opinion:D

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
(I, too, did a doubletake at the outset of this thread. lol)

I saw this story on the news tonight. Mr. Ruby was interviewed. He said he'd throw O.J. out again, if he came back. In fact, he said he'd probably punch him in the nose.

He's one clebrity I'm glad I've never met, and hope I never do.

Lee

Some people just don't know when to stop showing their face.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot