Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JL custom m200

Then fully extended including side gussets is about 22 on the fit jacket @ton312
My only fear is I’m too thick (it’s the nice way of saying fat) for this 42”. Hopefully I have a bit of ease with the laced sides! 20.5 is perfect but the listing said 19.5...not sure where the laces were set when it was measured...

Psant25

One Too Many
My only fear is I’m too thick (it’s the nice way of saying fat) for this 42”. Hopefully I have a bit of ease with the laced sides! 20.5 is perfect but the listing said 19.5...not sure where the laces were set when it was measured...
I think if they used the 42 pattern all around and it wasn’t tapered more you should be good. Mine has room up to 22 it looks like. All my M200 in size 42 had a 20.5 ish hem if I recall correct

Thank you for saying that. My primitive understanding of leather jackets was to never ever wear them in the rain, so through my education through these boards I learned that I can in fact use them in the rain, and the CXL has some good water repelling qualities, which is ultimately why I'm deciding to stick it out.

And after handling stiffer leathers like CXL, I realize that for me I really need a tailor fit because like you said, making the same jacket from the same template but using a CXL vs a light lambskin will dramatically change the fit of the jacket. With so much variation even within the same batch, it's hard to nail the fit using a universal template.

CXL leather is a beast so don't worry about rain or snow however I would avoid lighting :) for sure. This is one of my customers with a 4oz. CXL in a bit of falling snow.

Attachments

• Horween overdye 4.75oz..jpg
    Horween overdye 4.75oz..jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 596

roadking04

Practically Family
I am not a huge fan of brown jackets, but this one has me thinking. Great looking jacket. Fit looks spot on. Hopefully we get to see this one age. I have yet to handle Horween CXL, I have only viewed pics, I would have to say they stand up to all comers. Can't wait to get mine.

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
I am not a huge fan of brown jackets, but this one has me thinking. Great looking jacket. Fit looks spot on. Hopefully we get to see this one age. I have yet to handle Horween CXL, I have only viewed pics, I would have to say they stand up to all comers. Can't wait to get mine.

I really haven't either until I fell down this rabbit hole. It's definitely something special in that there's no mistaking it with a mall jacket. Its sti but has loads of character and breaks in nicely eventually. It's really similar to a nice raw denim vs the ubiquitous $20 pair of jeans. Both will serve you will, but one is a treat for those who appreciate it. But like denim, raw selvedge jeans don't tend to be the most comfortable when compared to more comfort minded offering like stretch denim, akin to comparing CXL to say lamb or goat.

So I'd say getting the right fit is important for this type of leather.

I really need to get my hands on some shinki though. Actually, no I don't lol.

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
Masaye HH (from a German tannery looks like) in black midweight jacket. Only had the jacket for an hour but I like how easy to wear it is. The leather itself is a mixed smooth/grainy so there's some variations. It's wet/gray here so I'll get close ups next time.

View attachment 288867

Oh no you didn't! I totally forgot you ordered another jacket using the "German stuff". Geez that looks good, spot on fit, and I bet it's super comfortable compared to the CXL.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Masaye HH (from a German tannery looks like) in black midweight jacket. Only had the jacket for an hour but I like how easy to wear it is. The leather itself is a mixed smooth/grainy so there's some variations. It's wet/gray here so I'll get close ups next time.

View attachment 288867
That collar is bad ass!
Perfect fit and I can tell you have a big smile going under that mask, congratulations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner