Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JL custom m200

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
That collar is bad ass!
Perfect fit and I can tell you have a big smile going under that mask, congratulations!

Thank you @El Marro. I think the collar makes this jacket as it just adds a little flare because how simple the pattern is. I was, wore the smile and the jacket around the city for a whole day too

Wow that is a great fit and love that collar!

Thanks @Psant25 i know right, the collar just looks right up at you in the face lol

Oh no you didn't! I totally forgot you ordered another jacket using the "German stuff". Geez that looks good, spot on fit, and I bet it's super comfortable compared to the CXL.

Thank you @TheDonEffect. Oh yes I did and I'm so happy I took the try. Also glad they finally gave it a name that we can now refer too lol. I'm sure there are other hides similar to this but I feel this is the right horsehide for our weather (it's like a heavier goat but more rewarding to wear). You bet, it's velvetty soft to the touch and it forms to you right away. I wore it around the city for a whole day and did not have any issues at all.

Psant25

One Too Many
Nothing to see in here folks keep moving
A7F3189F-DE0E-4ACB-B10B-8643D979AEE9.jpeg

Pandemic

One Too Many
You guys!!

Im pretty much committed to a JL now. I’m not in any rush since it will be a ‘next Winter’ jacket. Specs I’m thinking so far:

Heavy CXL, brown or maybe cordo, horse or steer.
Oversized brass zippers
Vertical chest zipper on right side (southpaw jacket!)
Two zippered diagonal hand warmer pockets
Cuffs at wrists and also bottom-side zippers
Wool or alpaca lining on body (I have a mid-weight jacket, might as well make this the beast!)
Very slim (goes for everything I have, tbh)
Decent sized collar

Main thing I’m undecided on now is whether to have a yoke on the back and whether to have a band at the bottom.

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
You guys!!

Im pretty much committed to a JL now. I’m not in any rush since it will be a ‘next Winter’ jacket. Specs I’m thinking so far:

Oversized brass zippers
Wool or alpaca lining on body (I have a mid-weight jacket, might as well make this the beast!)
Decent sized collar

Main thing I’m undecided on now is whether to have a yoke on the back and whether to have a band at the bottom.

That's going to be a beast!

That's a tough call, I've been liking those subtle western single point yokes lately but on my upcoming one I went with none. My advice, go to the store, I'm sure they have a ton of examples and the right one will jump out at you.

Pandemic

One Too Many
That's going to be a beast!

That's a tough call, I've been liking those subtle western single point yokes lately but on my upcoming one I went with none. My advice, go to the store, I'm sure they have a ton of examples and the right one will jump out at you.

I do like a subtle western point yoke, but I’m getting that on the FL I have on order, so right now I’m leaning towards no yoke and a single 2.5” bottom band. Or maybe both? Certainly accents a strong ‘V’ shaped taper in the body!

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
You guys!!

Oversized brass zippers
Decent sized collar

Congratulations in advance to a future JL jacket.

Heavy CXL steer will be interesting to see, as all the jacket out of JL recently has been HH. That's an awesome make up to start with. May I suggest for an extra added weight/warmth to cover the wool/alpaca with another liner so it's not so itchy and clothes don't stick to it?

Whatever back design you go with it will still look super. Good luck with your jacket project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points