Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

John Fluevog "Brando" shoes

Vic

One of the Regulars
I just listed my John Fluevog Brandos on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Fluevo...Men_s_Shoes&hash=item1c29046c4b#ht_500wt_1204

"White pig skin and black patent leather.

I believe retail on these was $265.

They're size 9. But I would say they fit a size 9 WITH LACES and a 9.5 WITHOUT LACES. However, if you're a 9 and don't want laces, you can always add padded insoles (worked well for me!).

They're also insanely comfortable.

Like most of Fluevog's creations, they have a definite Art Deco flair. But they are definitely rock n' roll shoes, having features of both jam shoes and winklepickers.

These are my favorite shoes, but I'm living in the desert right now and rarely get out these days, so I'm just not getting any use out of them.

Please feel free to ask questions."

Thanks!

MissMittens

One Too Many
He has some interesting stuff. My significant other has a collection of 30-40 pairs of his shoes.......some are very retro looking, others, extremely avant-garde (if you've seen his "Grand Nationals" you'd know, lol).

Vic

One of the Regulars
He has some interesting stuff. My significant other has a collection of 30-40 pairs of his shoes.......some are very retro looking, others, extremely avant-garde (if you've seen his "Grand Nationals" you'd know, lol).

Agreed. I have one other pair by him that I also love.

I've seen his Jaguar if that's what you're referring to?

Vic

One of the Regulars
No, these have hoofs

http://www.fluevog.com/files_2/news_120304_web.html

Much more steampunk than retro tho. Weird looking things.

Haha! Hadn't seen those.

Every once in a while they bring out something that would have been right at home in Terry Gilliam's Brazil. Some of his stuff definitely makes one think "work of art" before "shoe," but, then, there are always some that are both unique and practical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner