Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

John Simons Apparel Co

Lear

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the info. I bought a few things at the old shop in Covent Garden. Always found Mr Simons to be a great bloke.

Lear

andy richards

Practically Family
That is good news and thanks for sharing.
Does anybody know if there will be a on-line shop as well?
And will products be made in the UK or will they be imported?
Andy

Edward

Bartender
I bought the last pair of their own-brand, (later-mid) 50s-cut khakis that they had in my size in the shop back in February. Much of their stock was a bit '60s mod' for my tastes, but they had great things you wouldn't find easily elsewhere. I'm holding out hope that they might get into reproducing some 40s patterns as well on these. Pricey, but good stuff all the same.... and pretty much what you'd pay anywhere for the same stuff. Interesting they're opening again, I thought they were just disappearing and that was it.... good to know they're coming back, I like to see independent places around. Any word on whether they'll stock Eastman again? It'd be great to be able to see and try on some Eastman stuff in the flesh.

Speedster

Practically Family
Thanks for the info. I am pleased that they will continue business. I have been a customer every time i have been in London since the beginning of the 80'ies.

Edward said:
I bought the last pair of their own-brand, (later-mid) 50s-cut khakis that they had in my size in the shop back in February. Much of their stock was a bit '60s mod' for my tastes, but they had great things you wouldn't find easily elsewhere. I'm holding out hope that they might get into reproducing some 40s patterns as well on these. Pricey, but good stuff all the same.... and pretty much what you'd pay anywhere for the same stuff. Interesting they're opening again, I thought they were just disappearing and that was it.... good to know they're coming back, I like to see independent places around. Any word on whether they'll stock Eastman again? It'd be great to be able to see and try on some Eastman stuff in the flesh.

I bought a pair of their own-brand khakis in July last year. Nice trousers.

American Classics in 20 Endell Street stock selected Eastman products.

Edward

Bartender
Must look into those... I'm hoping to be able to afford a B15 into the Winter. I really do fancy the Eastman B15 Roughwear repro, though I would also be very keen on the Buzz Rickson B15-C (perhaps moreso, actually, given I already have a few earthtone type jackets.... the blue of the 'C is different....). A lot of pennies to save up first, but..... for casual wear, it'd be nice sometimes to have an alternative to leather or sheepskin in Winter.

Cobblers

New in Town
Good to see John branching out. I've been a customer for donkeys years, it was always a treat to pop down to Covent garden and pick up a pair of US made Weejuns. Not much in the way of 40's but a fair choice of 50's items including the reproduction Playboy Creeper and plenty of round shouldered overcoats.

As someone mentioned his tastes are slightly 60's but then that was his era and he's thankfully been supplying the more discerning youth and us older types after quality garments since his own youthful mod days. I think he'd actually class himself more as a stylist though. Loves his modern jazz too.

Great bloke and such a fantastic old style gents casual shop. It was worth a visit just to have a look and see how shops and most importantly the service within used to be.

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Just popped into the new store for a snoop around. Ended up buying a three-piece suit, grey herringbone - in fact the one they had on display in the window as it was my size. Well worth the diversion from Oxford street. Nice collection of vintage pieces building up in the back room including a second-hand Aero Teamster.

John is charming and attentive, the perfect gentlemens outfitters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit