Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnny Depp Hat Brown ?

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
keox11 said:
thank you for your answers!

They advised me to customize my hat if I ever can not find what I want. A site customization is apparently:

http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/index.htm

I sent them an email to see if they could make a hat like the one I want. I do not know their price!

Does someone has already make a hat at this site? Are they reliable?

That is Art Fawcett, the guy I mentioned. I have SEVEN of his hats, and he he is an excellent hatter.

The first hat will take a little longer and cost a little more because he sends you a device that will get the shape and size of your head.

keox11

Familiar Face
Not-Bogart13 said:
That is Art Fawcett, the guy I mentioned. I have SEVEN of his hats, and he he is an excellent hatter.

The first hat will take a little longer and cost a little more because he sends you a device that will get the shape and size of your head.

yes, he actually told me that the whole process will endure eight weeks!
relative to the device for measuring the shape of my head, I have doubts because I think, looking at the pictures and videos, that johnny depp hat is too big for him! he had to take one or two sizes above because it has a small head!

Here Is The link to the pictures of the hat with Several angles:
http://www.johnnydepp-zone.com/deppartment/catcflosangeles.php

Here's a video of the hat:
http://www.youtube.com/user/keox75011 # p/f/5/Wn_T6HRf8_Y

What do you think about?

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not-Bogart13 said:

The downside is that he controls your mind afterward.

Richard Warren

Practically Family
I have an Open Road and a Campdraft which are both cosmetically similar to the Alessandria, and both have a 2 7/8 inch brims. I actually bought the Campdraft instead of an Alessandria from Bencraft in part because of the brim size. In my case, I find the wider brims just too big, and recently placed an order for an Alessandria from Bencraft (2 1/2 inch brim) after having seen one like it in a local store (which did not have my size). (Anyway, are you sure of Mr. Depp's brim size?)

RE a custom hat, I have wondered whether a hat that exactly fit my head might not be too small. In my younger days, I bought custom clothes, and they never were comfortable. However, I lot of people seem to love Mr. Fawcett, so he seems to have the fitting process down.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
danofarlington said:
That's why I line my hats on the inside with aluminum foil.
You wondered why there are so many repeat customers.[huh] Foil is ineffective you need to buy the electronic signal jammer.

keox11

Familiar Face
I exchanged mail with Art Fawcett on Johnny Depp's hat and he said, looking at the pictures I sent him, that the size of the brim is 2 3/4 and that the crown is 5 1/2! It is not 2 7/8 brim !
Apparently Johnny Depp wears a hat too big for him, which would give the effect of width relative to its small head!
How many sizes over did it take to have this effect of width???

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Hard to say, really. There are many factors in how a hat looks - the wearer's face shape, shoulders, hair, height, the color of the hat. The list goes on. I think Depp just likes his hats big. Probably because he has so much hair.

I would advise that you send Art photos of yourself and get his advice. He's very good at figuring out the right brims and crowns for people. For example, if I wanted the hat from Casablanca, Art would not give me an exact copy. He would make it so that it look correct on me. The brim and crown would probably be too small for my face and body type.

keox11

Familiar Face
Richard Warren said:
As I think has been pointed out before, an Alessandria with a 2 3/4 inch brim may be had here:

http://www.pbhats.com/[/QUOTE] y...ors? thank you again for the information:)

Jabos

A-List Customer
Richard Warren said:
As I think has been pointed out before, an Alessandria with a 2 3/4 inch brim may be had here:

http://www.pbhats.com/[/QUOTE] My ...'t go wrong with Art Fawcett. He is the best.

keox11

Familiar Face
I'll start the process with Art Fawcett after all the positive feedback that I have read!

This will be my first hat vintage! me know that it is worth a fortune, but if VS can make me the hat I want, in a sense, I'm saving my money ...

Again thank you for your advice!

Ps: when I go walking in the streets of Paris with this hat, people will hallucinate:)

Almost certainly a vintage Borsalino, as per the thread Scott directed you at.

baron kurtz said:
Marc Chevalier said:
I believe it's a vintage Borsalino. Look closely at the photo: the brim's edging is fastened down with more stitches per inch than you'll find on a new Borsie. I say "potahto".

Baron Kurtz said:
And i say potatoE

But i agree with you on the vintageness of da hat. Seems a very 40s number to me. Dunno about Borso; could be anyting ...

bk

Well, these exchanges were quite a while ago now. I just saw another photo (below; from the new J Depp hat thread) where the corrugated padding at the front of the sweatband is clearly visible. This was commonly seen on old Borsalinos.

cfla45.jpg

bk

Jabos

A-List Customer
Believe me, you can't go wrong with Art Fawcett. I've made all the mistakes (purchased ill fitting and junk hats off Ebay, purchased newly made "name brand" hats, etc.) and now I only buy Art Fawcett hats. His hats are expensive, but the big secret around here is that he could easily charge much more for the quality he provides. (But keep that a secret, will you? We don't want Art to realize this!!;) ) After you wear it, the secret ingredient he puts in the sweat band seeps into your head and you will start hearing Art's voice saying, "Must have another Art hat. Must have another Art hat."

keox11

Familiar Face
Jabos said:
Believe me, you can't go wrong with Art Fawcett. I've made all the mistakes (purchased ill fitting and junk hats off Ebay, purchased newly made "name brand" hats, etc.) and now I only buy Art Fawcett hats. His hats are expensive, but the big secret around here is that he could easily charge much more for the quality he provides. (But keep that a secret, will you? We don't want Art to realize this!!;) ) After you wear it, the secret ingredient he puts in the sweat band seeps into your head and you will start hearing Art's voice saying, "Must have another Art hat. Must have another Art hat."

yes i am waiting for the conformer :)

The Lark

One of the Regulars
You know, you can also get an Art Fawcett for US $225 if it is rabbit fur.

I'm going to do that because Beaver fur is a wee bit too expensive for me in the custom range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy