Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson leather Horween 6oz cxl overdye D-pocket and 4.5 -5oz CXL natural LeatherTogs project

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
that m14 is only on the main zip, or you plan to use it everywhere? maybe it is difficult to make leather flap to cover itmaybe has to be semi exposed everywhere?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I think Carlos is right, make the wrist gusset zip longer too, I think bigger slider and track would look stubby id the length is the same with usual #5 sleeve zip length, longer sleeve zip looks cool too

Hh121

Banned
So what's the size of @JMax j23 zipper at d-pocket(#5?)? It's almost too small to see it.I don't want it looks prominent,and no zippers at sleeves, just plain sleeves with cuff. (It's not a biker jacket, a casual jacket with D pocket)
C52FEFD9-435B-41B5-8944-5B3BCF1642D5.jpeg

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Just a thought that occured to me: Use a mock-up to lake sure jacket fits as you want. Totally worth the few extra dollars, especially with fit of sleeves; JL sleeves are by default wide and with standard cuff you want to make sure they are tapered from elbow down to your wrist as you like them.

If you want it to be non-mc and more of casual with d-pocket (in my mind right now I see a Aero bootlegger with d-pocket.. do you want half-belt back? I would consider this..), I would consider dropping the zipped d-pocket all together and go for two handwarmer pockets instead. D-Pocket means two slaps of 2mm leather ontop of each other, so this side will stay stiff forever while the other side breaks in and d-pocket looks cool but is so impractical.. I'd rather be able to put my left hand into a pocket than having a zip pocket which I will never use.

Ofcourse it is your project and I don't want to try to steer you in a different direction than you currently plan to go, but if you want a casual jacket and not a mc jacket, then I personally would not compromise and go for 100% casual rather than a hybrid style. Plain front with two handwarmer pockets w/o zips, slanted large almost vertical zipped chest pocket like on the Grais on picture, simple halfbelt back, 2piece sleeves w american cuff and done. Pretty much like tons jacket but even simpler with non-buttoned cuffs and no multi-panel front, no zips on handwarmers and diff angle on chest pocket.

IMG_4163.PNG

Hh121

Banned
Just a thought that occured to me: Use a mock-up to lake sure jacket fits as you want. Totally worth the few extra dollars, especially with fit of sleeves; JL sleeves are by default wide and with standard cuff you want to make sure they are tapered from elbow down to your wrist as you like them.

If you want it to be non-mc and more of casual with d-pocket (in my mind right now I see a Aero bootlegger with d-pocket.. do you want half-belt back? I would consider this..), I would consider dropping the zipped d-pocket all together and go for two handwarmer pockets instead. D-Pocket means two slaps of 2mm leather ontop of each other, so this side will stay stiff forever while the other side breaks in and d-pocket looks cool but is so impractical.. I'd rather be able to put my left hand into a pocket than having a zip pocket which I will never use.

Ofcourse it is your project and I don't want to try to steer you in a different direction than you currently plan to go, but if you want a casual jacket and not a mc jacket, then I personally would not compromise and go for 100% casual rather than a hybrid style. Plain front with two handwarmer pockets w/o zips, slanted large almost vertical zipped chest pocket like on the Grais on picture, simple halfbelt back, 2piece sleeves w american cuff and done. Pretty much like tons jacket but even simpler with non-buttoned cuffs and no multi-panel front, no zips on handwarmers and diff angle on chest pocket.

View attachment 254571
Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!

I should elaborate what I mean the "casual jacket". I just don't want people ask where is my bike when they see me wearing this jacket(it happens when I wear Vanson and Lost Worlds) and of course I don't ride motorcycle nor want to look like a biker. Therefore I delete the collar snap, epaulets , sleeves zipper, belt loops. about half belt back, good idea but I would like something different because I already have my current JL with half belt.
yes, they will provide the mock up jacket.

Hh121

Banned
Done with zippers :
1 Riri #14 brass gold for main zipper
1 Riri #8 antique brass for D pocket
2 Riri #6 antique brass for hand and chest pocket (Alan said if use #8 it will show the teeth and not be concealed like my current JL)

They are not cheap.....

EAD0F4E8-1C67-469D-81D8-95590CFD9F29.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points