Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leather Jacket

Pandemic

One Too Many
Did you get Pfizer or Moderna? Not that there is that much difference. I think I’ll have the Pfizer next week, but honestly either would be ok.

Second dose side effects are worse, so plan some down time in three weeks. Hope you are feeling better tomorrow!!

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Did you get Pfizer or Moderna? Not that there is that much difference. I think I’ll have the Pfizer next week, but honestly either would be ok.

Second dose side effects are worse, so plan some down time in three weeks. Hope you are feeling better tomorrow!!

I got the Pfizer vaccine 3 days ago, here's to hoping the 2nd step won't be so bad. I hope I don't have to call in sick when that happens

Hope your experience with it is a lot better than mine. Thanks @JustinW. Feeling a little better and still feel good to go back to work tomorrow.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
A little update on the black jacket in Masaye leather. I have been wearing it regularly and is a fixture in my rotation. It's really good in the rain and wind. Still have not breaked it in but I'm working on it. I still haven't shaped the collar yet but. . .

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

I remembered what @handymike mentioned about shaping collars and now here it goes. The hot water treatment really does work wonders. I think I have the shape where I want it to be.

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

Goel

A-List Customer
Anyone handled that Horween Milan they're carrying now? I do like the lighter weight of those other horsehides but I prefer the toughness of CXL. I saw a few posts on IG where the CXL was skived down to 2.5/2.75oz, wonder how that worked out. A tumbled CXL in that weight might just be perfect for general use.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Anyone handled that Horween Milan they're carrying now? I do like the lighter weight of those other horsehides but I prefer the toughness of CXL. I saw a few posts on IG where the CXL was skived down to 2.5/2.75oz, wonder how that worked out. A tumbled CXL in that weight might just be perfect for general use.

Agreed, the Horween Milan is indeed nice. It's light compared to CXL but it feels good to touch. In saying that I do think it will shine more in brown, the black jacket sample I saw at the store looks good but the skived down black overdye looks better in my eyes.

@TheDonEffect will have a skived down black overdye car coat soon so we can check with him then. I did like the lighter weight of it, it also had a nice grain with a shiny finished surface. Can't go wrong with a tumbled cxl as it is really a nice option

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
JL have a medium and dark brown 3.5oz CXL HH and both medium and dark brown CXL steer 3.75-4oz due in next month. I’m torn between the two hides, so the color may decide it for me.

Wow, that's some heavyweight stuff right there. Hmmm you did say you wanted a heavy one. . .

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Yours is a 3.5oz horse hide, isn’t it?

Yes, I'm sure it is but it doesn't feel as much of a chore wearing it and not as heavy compared to my aero so I'm thinking the aero I had before was probably 4oz or so. The 3.5 oz brown cxl I have is wonderful to wear, it's so much easier to break in than I was expecting it to be

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A little update on the black jacket in Masaye leather. I have been wearing it regularly and is a fixture in my rotation. It's really good in the rain and wind. Still have not breaked it in but I'm working on it. I still haven't shaped the collar yet but. . .

View attachment 295481

View attachment 295482

I remembered what @handymike mentioned about shaping collars and now here it goes. The hot water treatment really does work wonders. I think I have the shape where I want it to be.

View attachment 295484

View attachment 295485
Does not get any better.
Truly, congratulations!

Goel

A-List Customer
Alright, attempt #2 on a horsehide jacket. I'm wanting to do something simpler, lighter, slimmer with gussets or a bi-swing back. A nice candidate for the one and only leather jacket for spring and fall if you had to pick one. What's a good CXL color that's versatile? Stick with brown or a maybe burgundy?

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
Alright, attempt #2 on a horsehide jacket. I'm wanting to do something simpler, lighter, slimmer with gussets or a bi-swing back. A nice candidate for the one and only leather jacket for spring and fall if you had to pick one. What's a good CXL color that's versatile? Stick with brown or a maybe burgundy?

I'd say it depends on your taste, if you tend to like colors then go for burgundy, but if your taste is more traditional go with brown.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 295481

View attachment 295482

View attachment 295484

View attachment 295485

Splendid outfit head to toe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot