Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leather Jacket

Insert my typical lamentation about the 200 year process of getting JL’s website built so people can actually shop their stock…without having to be in the store some 2,100 miles away….
99FE4274-D52B-4B25-A5FD-75D5306A39C0.gif

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I’m getting new longer sleeves put on an older M200L jacket, I’ll post a few photos when I get it back.

if you’re there, just talk to them in store. I’ve seen them do some major alterations on other jackets. But right now I believe they only do it for their own jackets.

Chevalier

One of the Regulars
I’m curious to see how their sleeve replacement looks, especially with matching older leather. I have a pull over riding shirt with short sleeves. I am debating between replacing the sleeves and putting on some type of sleeve-end snap cuff to fix it.

photo2u

One Too Many
I’m getting new longer sleeves put on an older M200L jacket, I’ll post a few photos when I get it back.

if you’re there, just talk to them in store. I’ve seen them do some major alterations on other jackets. But right now I believe they only do it for their own jackets.

I wonder what color is the leather? I need some older leather for a project (sleeve panel, and belt) I am trying to repair.
Looking forward to the results!

photo2u

One Too Many
I’m curious to see how their sleeve replacement looks, especially with matching older leather. I have a pull over riding shirt with short sleeves. I am debating between replacing the sleeves and putting on some type of sleeve-end snap cuff to fix it.
My problem is the opposite. Always need to take in on the sleeves.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I wonder what color is the leather? I need some older leather for a project (sleeve panel, and belt) I am trying to repair.
Looking forward to the results!
Mine in alteration is a newer jacket that has same available leather so I got lucky there. There are so many different shades of black it's best to see in person how the old leather and new leather matches under different lighting.

I could drive across a bridge and be at JL in half an hour. It took every ounce of discipline I had not to do just that yesterday.
I don't have the self control! Just stood out in the rain lined up for 15 minutes to get a pair of glasses on sale. Feeling the holiday vibes.

Goel

A-List Customer
Apparently they've been selling quite a few suede truckers recently that I've been eyeing. They have both a split suede and a full grain reversed roughout, I've always understood that the full grain roughout is superior to the split suede but from what I was told the split suede they have is comparable to the roughout. I don't suppose anyone has handled both?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I think split suede has longer nap so it has that nice suede shine. But for unlined versions my personal choice is still rough out (full grain on reverse side). The suede side of the rough out probably won't feel as luxurious as the split suede, but it has the potential of patina development on both sides, a least that's what I had hope for. Haven't gone down that road yet, will post pics when the time comes.

Bluechel

Practically Family
Very cool legacy. One wonders if there is ever a way to confirm which jackets were from his hand.

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
Deep sigh.

If I could be selfish for a sec, I was planning to request my next eventual jacket be made by him since he still took on projects from time to time, it would've been an honor to have a jacket made by his hands, just a stock pattern with his signature on it would've been everything.

Hearing about the man over the years, the dude lived an inspirational life. He had great foresight too, the shop is in great hands.

RIP Johnson, a true American classic. I will wear my JL tonight to dinner in his memory.

photo2u

One Too Many
Mr. Tam was dedicated meticulous at his craft and easy to speak gentleman. When I asked for a solid dual adventure jacket to withstand the cold winds of Central Asia. He came up with this "bear" of a jacket. The reliable BMW R1200gs went through a fuel pump and two rear tires but the "bear" kept me safe and warm. When I remove the lining and body armor, this beast of a jacket is perfect when wearing around town. It also works well when sporting clays.
frontaaaaaaaa.jpg

20230302_203440side.jpg

Thank you Mr. Tam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB