Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leather "Japan" leather

hondurasdave47

Practically Family
Here are pics, front and rear. It weighs in at an even 7 lbs. It is now a little over 6 years old. Will still stand on its own at half mast. Although I don't wear it as a street jacket, it is comfortable to wear on the motorcycle, and has been since about the first year.

View attachment 130200

View attachment 130201
Awesome looking jacket! Maybe I missed this, but do you know the model?

Peacoat

Bartender
I looked for a model number without success. If Johnson makes an M-22 then that is what mine is. It's been six years, and my memory is a bit hazy. Here is a picture I just took showing the jacket standing at 1/2 mast.

EDIT NOTE: Alan chimed in below and said my jackets are the M-200. Thank you Alan.

1:2 Mast.jpg

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
Very nice jacket Peacoat!! Thanks for the pics. I know Alan had some heavy hide back in the day. I am not sure what he has now.
This isn't the heaviest he had back then. I think I remember this hide is 4 oz. and I believe he had one at about 4.5, but that was a long time ago. At least for my brain it was a long time ago. In dog years it would be 42 years ago.

ai00344

One of the Regulars
Beautiful jacket Peacoat! Very nice to see someone committed long term to a jacket. Seems like there is a lot of catch and release going on in these parts lately. Any brown coming through in that sucker?

Peacoat

Bartender
Beautiful jacket Peacoat! Very nice to see someone committed long term to a jacket. Seems like there is a lot of catch and release going on in these parts lately. Any brown coming through in that sucker?
When I buy a jacket, I usually keep it long term.

No, there is no brown as that MC jacket is black all the way through.

Below are pics of my first Johnson Leather jacket. It is the same model, which is the M-200. It is much lighter at 4.65 lbs. It was broken in out of the box and is a very soft and comfortable hide. This is about a 3 oz. to 3.5 oz. hide. I believe that is what they use as their police weight jacket, but not sure. They made this jacket for me and left the chest pocket off as I never use it. I actually dyed this jacket to get a darker and richer brown tone than what it had from the factory. It came out very nice. There are some lighter undertones in this jacket, which will be more pronounced the more it is worn. I wear this as one of my street jackets as it is so comfortable.

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Peacoat your jackets are looking great. This style is our M-200 and just a classic look to the jacket.
We have some burgundy CXL in a 3.5-4.75oz. in stock. In our classic dark dark dark brown with a black over dye that we use in Japan is available in 3.75-4.25oz. I should also have shortly (working on this right now) a true black CXL in a 4.5-5.25oz.
Got to go taking a very well deserved vacation after a very long year. and nothing does vacation better than New Orleans

Hi Peacoat your jackets are looking great. This style is our M-200 and just a classic look to the jacket.
We have some burgundy CXL in a 3.5-4.75oz. in stock. In our classic dark dark dark brown with a black over dye that we use in Japan is available in 3.75-4.25oz. I should also have shortly (working on this right now) a true black CXL in a 4.5-5.25oz.
Got to go taking a very well deserved vacation after a very long year. and nothing does vacation better than New Orleans
5.25oz black!!! Oh man. Mind is racing. I need to have something built in that!!!!

I think something with a shawl collar and slash hand warmers and a mega ten ton zip might work in this hide. Sigh. It never ends. Time to build a fortress. And eat some Thai food.

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
Not sure about the two chest pockets and no hand warmers. I seldom use the chest pockets, but frequently use the hand warmers (but not for warming hands). I carry stuff in them.

BARTENDER EDIT: Please be reminded of, and respect, the bar on discussion of contemporary politics. For the sake of clarity, this very much includes Second Amendment and related issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hh121

Banned
Challenge. Accepted. Only if I can beat @Hh121 to it!
Man!!
I will be San Francisco next week to visit JL, what I heard is they have some 5-6oz burgundy horween cxl HH.

I have canceled my Aero order , if Alan can make me 5.5-6oz jacket, then it’s JL for sure.

It’s important to me that I can have the specific weight of leather I want, instead of request “the heaviest possible”.

Man!!
I will be San Francisco next week to visit JL, what I heard is they have some 5-6oz burgundy horween cxl HH.

I have canceled my Aero order , if Alan can make me 5.5-6oz jacket, then it’s JL for sure.

It’s important to me that I can have the specific weight of leather I want, instead of request “the heaviest possible”.
You must report your findings! I'd love something in black of that weight! If I didn't have the Aero I'd jump all over that Burgundy. That is an unbelievable hide. Alan and co. can sew a jacket to the nuts. I'm feeling a JL 2.0 coming on. Report back man. I know you value the heavy. Keep a brother in the loop.
What to build in it is the real question. Have to think fast as I suspect these hides get snatched up but quick.

Hh121

Banned
You must report your findings! I'd love something in black of that weight! If I didn't have the Aero I'd jump all over that Burgundy. That is an unbelievable hide. Alan and co. can sew a jacket to the nuts. I'm feeling a JL 2.0 coming on. Report back man. I know you value the heavy. Keep a brother in the loop.
What to build in it is the real question. Have to think fast as I suspect these hides get snatched up but quick.

Will do my friend, I will message you the details with pics on next week, let me know if you want me to ask or check anything for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points