Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leather "Japan" leather

hondurasdave47

Practically Family
Any reviews, comments, updates, or pics of the horween overdye hides?

JL M-200L in CXL overdye.

93df97fc8882b5438c2e4decc91c642a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hondurasdave47

Practically Family
I would love to see some updates. How long have you had the jacket? A lot of wear time? Is that leather more shiny or dull/matte?

I’ve only had it for about a month. I haven’t put too much wear on it yet, as it’s been too warm until very recently. The leather is definitely more matte. Here’s a few quick close up pics of the leather.

c1319a7b741c83d89eec69d5c0193009.jpg
dd68f0c264d41b5fe87a38581cfb91ae.jpg
16fa1c34a4de1068d84924d2bf30dc5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the pics and updates. I thought the Horween stuff was more of a shinier leather.
Horween usually is shiny when new but doesnt stay shiny very long. It usually dulls within first weeks of wear and after the first few rain showers. The Horween stuff I have samples off from Alan and the one Horween jacket made by him are even less shiny than Aeros CLX to begin with.

hondurasdave47

Practically Family
Horween usually is shiny when new but doesnt stay shiny very long. It usually dulls within first weeks of wear and after the first few rain showers. The Horween stuff I have samples off from Alan and the one Horween jacket made by him are even less shiny than Aeros CLX to begin with.
Right. I've owned a few CXL jackets (Aero) that were much shinier when new. This jacket is very waxy (that's CXL), but it's not shiny. And at 3.75 oz., it's THICK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR