Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnsons Cross-Zip unknown model/age

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I snatched up a Johnson's Leathers crosszip jacket a few weeks back off the bay, it is a neat jacket in very nice shape, however I cannot seem to find much for details on the model itself. Seems to have a 80's or ealy 90's vibe given some of the details on the back.

Nice, fairly heavy steerhide with some good graining showing. Has some light color variation apparent. Has a clean, still very new leather scent. There are two sets of pin holes in the lower patels as noted in the photos. Other than that very little obvious flaws.

This jacket has a quilted liner, however rather oddly, no size tag in the jacket. It is sadly too tight for me thoough the waist - torso area. I cannot get it zipped. It's already spoken for, but thought I would do a quick review on it.

IMG_7652.JPG

IMG_7658.JPG
IMG_7660.JPG
IMG_7654.JPG IMG_7659.JPG
IMG_7655.JPG

I snatched up a Johnson's Leathers crosszip jacket a few weeks back off the bay, it is a neat jacket in very nice shape, however I cannot seem to find much for details on the model itself. Seems to have a 80's or ealy 90's vibe given some of the details on the back.

Nice, fairly heavy steerhide with some good graining showing. Has some light color variation apparent. Has a clean, still very new leather scent. There are two sets of pin holes in the lower patels as noted in the photos. Other than that very little obvious flaws.

This jacket has a quilted liner, however rather oddly, no size tag in the jacket. It is sadly too tight for me thoough the waist - torso area. I cannot get it zipped. It's already spoken for, but thought I would do a quick review on it.

View attachment 254859
View attachment 254860 View attachment 254861 View attachment 254862 View attachment 254863 View attachment 254864

This jacket is our MB-500 in about a 3.5-3.75oz cowhide. Often customers pull out the sizing tag not sure why.

That label is the second one we ever used from about the 84 until the late 90"s. We did a limited run of jackets a few years ago to celebrate our 38th year and used that label. I can splice in new side panels where the lacing is and give you about 5" to the lower chest, waist and bottom.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Thanks Alan - it's headed out tomorrow for a new adventure, but if for any reason that does not work out, i will glady send it your way for some adjustments. It's quite a nice jacket.

Also on another note, I am excited to see you all updateing your website. It know it's still under construction, but looking forward to what it will be. Thanks for the input, I really apprecaite it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred