Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jun’s Hats?

Mighty44

One Too Many
Has anyone here interacted with this Chinese custom hat-maker? I just found them on Instagram—looks nice, I’m curious to learn more. Copied link and a few images below.

IMG_1534.jpeg
IMG_1532.jpeg
IMG_1533.jpeg
IMG_1531.jpeg

Has anyone here interacted with this Chinese custom hat-maker? I just found them on Instagram—looks nice, I’m curious to learn more. Copied link and a few images below.

[/URL]

View attachment 577953 View attachment 577954 View attachment 577955 View attachment 577956

I didn’t want to like them, but they do look nice. There was a Chinese hatter who was buying vintage hats etc. here a couple years ago for samples of how they were to be made: I wonder if it’s the same guy?

I get inundated by offers from Chinese felt suppliers. Most are for wool, some wool/rabbit blends but none for pure felt.

I know this was just an inadvertent omission but I see a lot of new and/or custom hats advertised as “pure felt.” That description doesn’t tell me anything. Any fiber that can be felted is “pure felt” as long as there isn’t a material other than felted fibers in the textile. 100% wool felt is “pure felt.” I wish those sellers were more accurate in their descriptions.

I know this was just an inadvertent omission but I see a lot of new and/or custom hats advertised as “pure felt.” That description doesn’t tell me anything. Any fiber that can be felted is “pure felt” as long as there isn’t a material other than felted fibers in the textile. 100% wool felt is “pure felt.” I wish those sellers were more accurate in their descriptions.
My skeptical nature kicks in: I ask is this stated in ignorance or by design to keep it vague to catch the unwary. It is like buying a thing as 'genuine leather'.

Mighty44

One Too Many
Some of them are listed as 100% Beaver. Unfortunately I am on the No New Hats wagon for the time being but let me know if anyone DMs them to learn more. Looks like a small shop. I see Alleycat Hat Co. is following them.
IMG_1541.jpeg

Last edited:
Some of them are listed as 100% Beaver. Unfortunately I am on the No New Hats wagon for the time being but let me know if anyone DMs them to learn more. Looks like a small shop. I see Alleycat Hat Co. is following them. View attachment 578130

How can we order them if we want to try them? I don’t see how to via instagram….then again it’s not something I’m very good at navigating.

Mighty44

One Too Many
No word back, I guess? Too bad. Looks like a very small operation but I’d be curious to hear the story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner