Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jurassic Park: Alan Grant Fedora

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
In addition to Akubra

Pittdawg said:
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could get a fedora like the one Dr. Alan Grant wears in Jurassic Park. Thanks.

Take a look at these Miller hats, especially the "Woodlake"!
NB

Pittdawg

New in Town
Hat Differences

I just watched clips from both movies and the fedora from JP is made of straw and the one from JP III is a dark tan/brown felt hat.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Ding...

Thought I'd bring this up again...I'm watching JP3 on TBS right now...and realized I hadn't seen this one (the second one kinda turned me off)...but Grant's hat looks like it could be a tawny Fed...were they available during that time frame. It really rings of Indy...:D

Edward

Bartender
Might I also suggest a search through the forum? I'm sure we discussed this a few months ago, though I don't know that we came up with a definitive answer at all...

Just run a search myself, I found this thread:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=27278

Though that seems to have been more geared towards Pete Pstlethwaite's hat. Still, there are some interesting links for that general style of hat on there, might find something suitable...

Me, I'd make a beeline for Hats Direct and check out the Akubra selection, as others have suggested.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
I ran the search...and found what you did...figured with the upswing in Akubra purchasing, it would start an interesting conversation on what hat it could be...:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner