Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just bought a 1963 Irvin Foster G-1 jacket

LeatherLover

New in Town
Here is my jacket finally a bit restored, I took apart the zipper, painted the green zip tape in dark brown and had it mounted again in a better way (it was badly stretched and the leather didn't cover it when closed), then replaced waistband and cuffs with japan Mash repros, and completed with a treatment with Lexol

wNKV39p.jpg

a>
Great job on restoring the jacket! Did you have it professionally restored by a company? I have a few jackets I'm thinking of restoring and will appreciate an advise on how to go about it. I live in the US by the way. Thanks in advance!

Raul

One of the Regulars
Great job on restoring the jacket! Did you have it professionally restored by a company? I have a few jackets I'm thinking of restoring and will appreciate an advise on how to go about it. I live in the US by the way. Thanks in advance!

Hi,
the work was done by a lady not far from me that makes repairs of leather motorcycle jackets, I brought everything to her and she did all the work (zipper, cuffs replacement etc). She is not perfect but good enough for the job I needed. But I am in Italy.

LeatherLover

New in Town
Hi,
the work was done by a lady not far from me that makes repairs of leather motorcycle jackets, I brought everything to her and she did all the work (zipper, cuffs replacement etc). She is not perfect but good enough for the job I needed. But I am in Italy.
Oh, I see :) I guess traveling to Italy would be a little too far for me, haha, but thank you very much anyway!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran