Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just got a federation

fallbackdown82

New in Town
I just got my federation in black. I really like it, I am just not sure about the crown being so high..I am also trying to figure out the best way to bash it. I like the tight indy pinch, with more of a c crown. Another question..how do you get the brim to come down a little sharper in front? Do I use steam?

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You'll get used to the higher crown. Steam helps in getting the shape right. I've had mine for several months and I'm still fussing with it from time to time. What I do to get the front of the brim to curl down a little more is (and this is going to sound nuts) I steam it a bit, then put it on a barchair we have. Back of the brim slips through the back to hold it in place without crimping the hat...and then one Campbell's soup can under the front brim to curl the brim over, and other in front to hold it in place while it cools and dries.

fallbackdown82

New in Town
That is a great idea. I like the brim to come down a bit sharper. When the hat dries from the steam, it stays where you left it pretty well? Anyone have pictures of their federations so I can get some ideas??;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
fallbackdown82 said:
Anyone have pictures of their federations so I can get some ideas??;)

Those are water drops on the hat, I used distilled water in a misting bottle. No steam.

P1010045.jpg

P1010042.jpg

P1010066.jpg

PC230058-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats