Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just ordered my first hat!!

dragonaxe

One of the Regulars
Hello guys and gals

Wanted to share my first hat purchase with you. I'm very excited (and nervous about going out in it for the first time).

Ok, as it's my first post here, I though I'd better share some information about myself...I'm 43, married for 16yrs, have 3 children, and have been a closet "hat admirer" for a long long time! I even borrowed a grey Fedora to wear at my sisters wedding, when I was a teenager.

Then life got a lot busier and I never seriously thought of buying a hat, until last weekend, when the family was doing the day-tripper thing to a seaside town along the coast. We walked past a clothes/hat shop, and I was drawn in :rolleyes: Apparently they sold the same hats as Christy's of London, so when I got home I looked them up on the web (Hornets Hsts is the distributor) and found the identical hat (for 20% less!!).

It's described as a Safari Trilby (3inch brim), in black. It's at the top of the list (see link below)

http://www.hornetshats.com/woolfelt_hatview.php?link=link1

So I ordered it....and am now eagerly waiting delivery :D I will of course post a pic of me when it arrives.

Love the forum (and glad it's back up and running)
Gareth

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to the Lounge! yes it's good to have it back up.

Enjoy your new purchase ... :)

Gromulus

Practically Family
Another "Newbie"

From one newbie to another - WELCOME!

Hey I think this is post #15, I now have the "keys to the inner universe" (with all due rights to Bill Pearl).

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HIYA!

Welcome dragonaxe! Good to see you here. I have bought a number of hats from hornets ( back when the £ sterling was weaker against the greenback dollah) and have always found them to be top shelf in every way. Glad you joined we'uns here at TFL!

Barrelhouse

One of the Regulars
Greetings!

Congratulation on your new hat and welcome to the Lounge. Come on in, get a Highball, put your feet up, and let your hair down. I hope you enjoy your first, but I doubt your last, lid.

CHEERS :cheers1::cheers1:

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Welcome, Dragonaxe. Don't be shy about wearing it out in public. Those who pay attention will want one for themselves. I get lots of double takes on my fedoras, then they come over and say "Nice hat!"

senoreme

New in Town
I am also new to the Lounge

I find the lounge to be an excellent source for information on all sorts of things but particularly hats. I have learned for one thing, it can be very expensive. I do love the fedoras though. I am beginning to purchase now. Welcome.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Now that you're expecting...

Better read Dr. Lounge's threads on hat care... Feeding, cleaning, and general maintenance.

lol

Congratulations on your first hat! Looks nice.

Randy

hutch

Familiar Face
Welcome! I've been here for about a year (about the same time I started collecting). Haven't posted much but I have learned a lot from other loungers!

dragonaxe

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the warm welcomes :)

Even though the first hat hasn't arrived, I already feel the spirit of looking for more :eek:

Fortunately money is in short supply, so it gives me the incentive to go hunting around the charity shops/stores. That's the benefit of doing something that's not mainstream....there's less competition when you spot a bargain lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot