Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just when you thought you had seen it all . . . (Warning: Not for the fainthearted)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
LOL. Just like the originals! What an absolutely ignominious end for the Buco namesake.
View attachment 546733 View attachment 546732
why don't they just sell buco patches $150 a piece
with some crap marketing like
"this patch is constructed with the highest quality material true to RMC high standard, the moleskin background is premium, and the computer printed 3d embroidery is produced in maximum density, this patch will effortlessly elevate any piece of clothing into heritage motorsport vibe and bless it with a sense of speed"

Observe

One Too Many
"this patch is constructed with the highest quality material true to RMC high standard, the moleskin background is premium, and the computer printed 3d embroidery is produced in maximum density, this patch will effortlessly elevate any piece of clothing into heritage motorsport vibe and bless it with a sense of speed"
Careful now, you'll give them ideas...

TartuWolf

Practically Family
https://clutch-cafe.com/search?q=Patch

Clutch Cafe is possibly the worst and their look-book is where it's at: Haphazardly piled military surpluss knock-offs and cheap dad-wear.

1c712b80291b3911871cf51794cf20e8.jpg

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Another visvim entry, is this based off anything legit? Seems quite interesting to me, has those pig teat studs of the Leathertogs/Buco J-31, but on a crosszip. Also looks like they're coin designs or something on the studs. As usual the distressing looks awful to me.

topic2300801_3.jpg

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
Buffalo nickel buttons have a tradition of being used on biker cuts (the vest with the club patches) for long while. Looks like this is perfect for the 1%er who wants the buttons, but not the hassle of wearing two layers… ;)

Another visvim entry, is this based off anything legit? Seems quite interesting to me, has those pig teat studs of the Leathertogs/Buco J-31, but on a crosszip. Also looks like they're coin designs or something on the studs. As usual the distressing looks awful to me.

View attachment 554880

Another fine example of Visvim perfectly replicating the worst 80's Euro-trash they could get their hands on.

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
Clutch Cafe is possibly the worst and their look-book is where it's at: Haphazardly piled military surpluss knock-offs and cheap dad-wear.

1c712b80291b3911871cf51794cf20e8.jpg

Plus 400 dollar canvas Anoraks so add in “hipster bushcrafter” to the mix.
I’m a dad with a ton of woolen milsurp plus I do a bit of bushcrafting, this is aimed directly at me.
And completely misses.
I’m awestruck.
It’s like someone made fake thrift store finds and is selling them at 1000% markup.
The Dadcorp and Normcorp aesthetic is getting way out of pocket.

Attachments

• 1971AE0F-C69C-40C4-9B5B-E091D15967EB.jpeg
    1971AE0F-C69C-40C4-9B5B-E091D15967EB.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 57

Bender

One of the Regulars
I got this impression that 90% of hipsters are working either as bartender or barber.
As a bartender, I take great offense to this. To clarify: many, many (too many) hipsters have somehow successfully gotten jobs that require them to mix drinks even though they have no idea what they are doing. They are not bartenders. Nor even "mixologists" (whatever the hell that is). They're just tattooed guys who stand behind a bar and look confused when you order anything that doesn't have the recipe in the name (gin and tonic, whiskey soda, etc).

And barbers have a waiting bench and take walk-ins, as God intended. They don't require one to call ahead like these man-bunned clowns do. Scheduling an appointment = "hair stylist". You don't get to call yourself a barber just because you've named your hair salon "Manly and Sons" or some other nonsense designed to prey upon the crying inner-child of guys who grew up without strong father figures. :p

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And barbers have a waiting bench and take walk-ins, as God intended. They don't require one to call ahead like these idiots do. Scheduling an appointment = "hair stylist".
One of these hip “barber shops” opened up two blocks from me a few years ago and I went there a few times because it seemed so convenient. I quickly learned that it was best to call ahead and make an appointment because they were often too busy for walk ins.
The last time I ever went there I arrived at the specified time and told the lady at the counter that I had an appointment. “No you don’t“ she replied. “Look,” I told her “you told me when to come in and I’m here at that time, how in the hell is that not an appointment”. Felt like I was in an old Monty Python skit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner