Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just when you thought you had seen it all . . . (Warning: Not for the fainthearted)

AHP91

Practically Family
You make definitive statements about a guy you don't know. That's your definition of common sense?

I seem to recall an uproar caused by you stating that you wouldn't sell something to any dude who's wearing visible tattoos on the neck, face area; calling them 'gang members' or something. So yes, I will judge a dude who chose to take certain actions that lead up to this photo and its publication thereof. Moreso than someone's tattoos. Farewell

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I seem to recall an uproar caused by you stating that you wouldn't sell something to any dude who's wearing visible tattoos on the neck, face area; calling them 'gang members' or something. So yes, I will judge a dude who chose to take certain actions that lead up to this photo and its publication thereof. Moreso than someone's tattoos. Farewell
I recall you a couple days ago attacking KBlake for merely asking if Eagleson's is your jacket. You assumed he was implying you were shilling it and wrote a nasty post. Oh, wait, the post is gone. So much for your common sense.

Regarding the event you mentioned, I stated I would not buy (not sell) anything from a guy whose face tats were, or resembled gang tats. I think that is actually common sense, proven by the fact that the dude in question was, indeed, a criminal.

Farewell to you as well, I think we (and TFL) will be better off if we wind up on our respective ignore lists.

You make definitive statements about a guy you don't know. That's your definition of common sense?

To be honest, I'd say that you indeed can make some pretty definitive statements about someone who takes a photo like that & proudly sends it to a website that sells leather jackets. One wouldn't be completely wrong to make a definitive statement about the owner of such website, that sees this photo and decides that it is absolutely the best representation of their product but that's another story altogether.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't honestly think this is going anywhere to be fair. We do not know much about that guy beyond the picture, and who knows if it were his idea or the people hunting with him. You could speculate about this for a long time with no interesting conclusion.

Let's get back to jackets, and in this case the weird ones :)

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
Screenshot_2024-02-27-14-58-04-80_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

Maybe someone is considering this a find and deal. So just in case:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2962545384...K2eS6iqRYy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Eagledog

New in Town
The description markets this as a "party" jacket. Not motorcycle riding apparel. At first glance I would imagine it was an intentional homage to women survivers of breast cancer. Perhaps a family member. However the description leads in the opposite direction...

The description markets this as a "party" jacket. Not motorcycle riding apparel. At first glance I would imagine it was an intentional homage to women survivers of breast cancer. Perhaps a family member. However the description leads in the opposite direction...
Feels like a case where a patch would do a better job.

Eagledog

New in Town
I strongly believe that every so often, we need to be reminded of this absolute mega-cringe. Of all the jacket related horrors that I have seen, this bozo is among the top three.

MorseCraigBoar.JPG
Notice the open field behind this guy. And in front. No crawling through thickets. No danger of jacket damage. These hunts use a pack of dogs to surround and bite the animal. The hunters catch up on 4 wheelers. Get out and stab the critter attempting to hide in a ditch between 2 fields.

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
Notice the open field behind this guy. And in front. No crawling through thickets. No danger of jacket damage. These hunts use a pack of dogs to surround and bite the animal. The hunters catch up on 4 wheelers. Get out and stab the critter attempting to hide in a ditch between 2 fields.
Living in Europe where those "critters" originate from, I can see why you would like to cut back on an invasive species. We have similar problems (e.g. the invasive racoon) but I think we have to accept that in many cases this we be in vain.
These feral hogs as all pigs are extremely intelligent (like your 2-3 year old at
home) and have a high reproduction rate given suitable conditions (corn fields deliver energy galore). Also these animals are extremely sensitive, so in my opinion it is completely unacceptible to kill them in a way which makes them suffer unnecessarily.
Better solution: use them as a food resource, they are delicious!
But have mercy with a living, feeling creature. Kill them as painfree as possible.
I recommend 8x57IS.

Eagledog

New in Town
Living in Europe where those "critters" originate from, I can see why you would like to cut back on an invasive species. We have similar problems (e.g. the invasive racoon) but I think we have to accept that in many cases this we be in vain.
These feral hogs as all pigs are extremely intelligent (like your 2-3 year old at
home) and have a high reproduction rate given suitable conditions (corn fields deliver energy galore). Also these animals are extremely sensitive, so in my opinion it is completely unacceptible to kill them in a way which makes them suffer unnecessarily.
Better solution: use them as a food resource, they are delicious!
But have mercy with a living, feeling creature. Kill them as painfree as possible.
I recommend 8x57IS.
Yes! Quick dispatch with a rifle round. And don't forget to make beautiful jackets and leather goods from the hide. The racoon is also a disease spreader. Rabies and distemper. Unfortunately demand for racoon coats and hats has declined well below the supply. However they are also tasty.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hmm... I was thinking about this boar dish

1709062490713.jpeg

Raccon fur looks interesting, wonder where I could find a good maker...

1709062339940.jpeg

Eagledog

New in Town
Hmm... I was thinking about this boar dish

View attachment 594983

Raccon fur looks interesting, wonder where I could find a good maker...

View attachment 594982
My neighbor used to a good job on the skins. A whole bunch of fun chasing hounds through the woods at night with a flashlight and a 22. Not so much fun when one gets hung up on a branch and you have to climb the tree to get it. Very popular in the 1920's and 1930's. Also early 1970's. I didn't look but EBAY must have plenty of options.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner