Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kind of a surprise

Virgil Ante

New in Town
My new Knox fedora just arrived today. Looks to be new old stock, and in perfect shape. It is in a cool coppery brown too. Unfortunately, and much to my surprise, it is actually a short brimmed Homburg. I like Homburgs, it just looked like a fedora with a wind trolly, not a pencil roll. This is my fault, I didn't ask, and the ebayer was wonderful. I find I can't do too much with a rolled brim, and it looks too short for my fat head. I will try a couple of different bashes, and maybe it will grow on me. Beautiful hat though!

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
I thought I was the only one...

I've got to admit, I've twice now bought homburgs that I thought were fedoras. One is a brown Adam that's in very good shape. The other is a fabulous black Imperial Stetson made under license in England (I've read on the Lounge that the English-made hats are among Stetson's very best).

With both hats, I went back to the ebay description and pix, and the fault was clearly mine. Neither was described as a homburg; both just said "vintage men's hat." The pictures were taken at angles that didn't clearly show the rolled brim, but in staring at the pix later, I could see what I should have seen in the first place.

No matter. Even though I initially regretted the purchases (and felt pretty stupid), I now am quite pleased to have them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo