Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiss of Death, 1947

Dart

New in Town
Is anybody else out there stylishly excited that Henry Hathaway's Kiss of Death is coming out on DVD, December 6? I've heard much of Richard Widmark's chilling portrayal, and of the wheelchair incident, but have never seen it.

Incidentally, I'm Dart. How do you do.

Cheers,
Dart

Feraud

Bartender
Hello Dart.
I am probably going to pick this classic up on dvd when released.
My father used to live in (or near) the house where they filmed parts of this film.
While growing up I remember him mentioning Victor Mature and the 'Kiss of Death' house.
If I can locate the house I can take a few pictures if anyone is interested.

Dart

New in Town
Glad to know ya, Feraud.

I'd be keen to see that house. Especially after viewing the film, which I'm fated to like. Night and the City and Panic in the Streets, both with Widmark, are tops for me.

What a character your old man must've been!

Cheers,
Dart

Feraud

Bartender
Dart said:
Glad to know ya, Feraud.

I'd be keen to see that house. Especially after viewing the film, which I'm fated to like. Night and the City and Panic in the Streets, both with Widmark, are tops for me.

What a character your old man must've been!

Cheers,
Dart
Same here. I will get on the job and get pictures posted.
Btw, the old man is still the character! ;)

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Great film, it would have been interesting if they had been able to use "Harry The Hipster" Gibson, for Tommy Udo like it was originally planned, Although keeping Harry straight for filming would have been near impossible.

Great turn by Richard Widmark as Tommy Udo, I loved how he recreated the character for "O Henry's Full House," not long after.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80