Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Klatuu, mirada nikto, Dude!

kiltie said:
Does anyone else remember when the Return of the Jedi action figures came out in about '83 - that three of the un-named "skiff guard" characters from the movie were called Klaatu, Barada, and Nikto in their action figure incarnation? Perhaps any of these action figures could stand in place of Reeves. they'd prolly convey as much emotion...[huh]

Nah, they are much better actors. :p

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kiltie said:
Does anyone else remember when the Return of the Jedi action figures came out in about '83 - that three of the un-named "skiff guard" characters from the movie were called Klaatu, Barada, and Nikto in their action figure incarnation? Perhaps any of these action figures could stand in place of Reeves. they'd prolly convey as much emotion...[huh]

The character's names were Uncle George's (George Lucas) nod to The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Edward

Bartender
Back when George was still one of the good guys..... nowadays, of course, he is evil incarnate. He better not screw up indy as well, is all.... :rage:

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/03/21/keanu-reeves-brings-different-message-with-him-in-day-the-earth-stood-still/

‚ÄúThe first one was borne out of the cold war and nuclear d?©tente. Klaatu came and was saying cease and desist with your violence. If you can‚Äôt do it yourselves we‚Äôre going to do it. That was the film of that day,‚Äù Reeves explained. ‚ÄúThe version I was just working on, instead of being man against man, it‚Äôs more about man against nature. My Klaatu says that if the Earth dies, you die. If you die, the earth survives. I‚Äôm a friend to the earth.‚Äù

One thing that won’t change? According to Reeves, he still says the immortal words, “Klaatu barada nikto.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails