Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Knitting Machines and parts?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Hi all,
Just curious, have any of you here used knitting machines? How do you like them?

I recently found an old Brother machine but it's missing the carriage piece. Does anyone know where you can find parts for these?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Dang! And wouldn't you know it would be missing one of the most important parts? Oh well, it was also really cheap. I did a search last night and didn't find anything. Mine's probably from the 80s, but the look of the packaging. I'll just put it to the side and sporadically look for it, I guess.
Have you made anything on yours yet?
I don't think coned yarn is that hard to find. I'd wager there's a place downtown that sells it in the garment district, though I don't know for sure.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
No, its just sitting in its box under my shelf :)
I want to make something with it, now that the only thing I need is yarn. I think youre right on the yarn. Ill have to check downtown, they have everything! Maybe this fall/winter Ill get it a crack.

LD

swinggal

One Too Many
My Grandma used to have one sitting in her loungeroom in the 70s. I never saw her using it but would have loved to have seen it in action. I can't imagine how you'd even set it up to make something! Can you use any pattern?

There is quite a lot of stuff on ebay for knitting machines. They were pretty popular in Australia in the 70s and 80s. On the weekend I even say a small non-electronic one in an op-shop that you attach to a table to making knitting faster. No idea how it worked!

Can't wait to see what you make LD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR