Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(KNIVES) Let's see some sharp pointy objects

Ek from late 80's or early 90's. I picked this up at one of the Soldier of Fortune Magazine Convention Gun Shows in Las Vegas. (Had a great time, learned a lot and met a lot of great people.) This has a full length blade on one side and a second edge for about 2/3rds the upper edge. Still sharp and that point is like a pin too. It has the guard for your fingers which I like since I have seen a bad accident due to no guard. The desert color paracord wrapped handle on this has a great grip. Overall length is about 12.5" and blade about 6.5"

Marked with SOF with scary skull face in beret and SOF flash badge.

knives005.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
John in Covina said:
This is a Cold Steel folder I got from the Cold Steel guys when they used to bring a ton of stuff to the Great Western Gun Show at the LA Fairgrounds in Pomona, CA...

That is my everyday carry knife and I love it.

dailycarry.jpg

Had mine for 5 years now, use it every day for one thing or another.

Papa Smurf

Familiar Face
anon` said:
I don't do knives:

But they're sharp and pointy ;)

I'm with you!! Nice collection by the way.

Here are mine, European first, then Japanese.

First up is a standard one-handed cruciform sword.

Swords003.jpg

Next up is a Scottish Lowlander sword, also called a slaughter sword. It measures just under six feet long. This is what William Wallace would have used. I have it next to the one-hander for comparison.

Swords005.jpg

This is a Miyamoto Musashi replica.

Swords006.jpg

Swords007.jpg

This is my paired set, katana and wakizashi.

Swords002.jpg

All the above swords are razor sharp. The following is not sharpened because it is an iaito I use for practicing kenjutsu, the art of the Japanese sword. It has silk wrapping on the handle, unlike the others which are cotton.

Swords008.jpg

Swords009.jpg

thunderw21 said:
That is my everyday carry knife and I love it.

dailycarry.jpg

Had mine for 5 years now, use it every day for one thing or another.

Yours maybe the later version of my folder. Mine has the original pocket clip that was made as one piece with the handle. After those started breaking off with use they re-did the handle and replaced the one piece with the side mounted spring metal clip.

I'll see if I can get a pic of Abomination's 1950s-issue Czech-origin bayonet.

It's not just a sharp pointy thing, but a vintage one too--and alas, completely useless until I first find another Saiga-12 up for sale on my terms to attach it to and second finish designing and fabricating the adapter to join the two together...

In the meantime, here's an identical assembly in its "folded" position:
VZ52BAYONETASSY.JPG

It's an approximately 11" x 3/4", symmetrical, double-edged dagger that folds into a recess carved into the rifle-forearm on the original design, part of the S12 adapter is a forearm with a notch to protect most of the blade except the extreme bottom edge.

Paul Chen

Paul Chen Practical Katana

katana.jpg

After a culmanation of watching Zombie/Living Dead films (Hint: take the head :eek: ) a variety of Samurai films and Kill Bill I & II lead to a purchase of this "live" blade.

As a side note I was pleased to watch a couple of you-tube videos where people that have the same Katana from Paul Chen take it thru the paces and as long as the zombies are not harder than those soaked mats and bamboo sticks, I am going to be ok with this one.

Panache

A-List Customer
I have quite a few pointy things about the house (my lovely wife would say "too many"). These aren't the nicest pieces I have but they are special to me because I made them

My sgian dubh and dirk

DSC00283.jpg

DSC00575.jpg

Blades are high carbon steel from Atlanta Cutlery

And my targe, yes it's a shield not a knife, but I'm pretty sure it counts as pointy! :)

DSC01887.jpg

Plus the targe can be used with the dirk (so it is a knife accessory right? ;) )

DSC01902.jpg

Cheers

Jamie

theinterchange

One Too Many
My [Part-time] Carry Knife

I have two knives I alternate between, both Case.

4596490978_b2f6966f65.jpg

This is the one I had handy, I'll get a shot of the other later.

Notice the one blade was added by a previous owner, and is next to worthless as it WON'T sharpen. I'll leave you to guess which I'm referring to.

Randy

Mike K.

One Too Many
Everyone,
You have some very nice collections and thank you for sharing them with other members; however, in keeping with the theme of The Fedora Lounge let's try to stick to those items relevant to the Golden Era. Since so much exploration and other outdoorsy pursuits occurred during the early 1900s, flexibility will be granted to extend coverage to this time. But we should leave the modern stuff, the medieval stuff, etc. to other online forums where they are more appropriate. Thank you for helping to keep The Fedora Lounge a fun place to discuss and learn about 1930s-40s vintage and vintage-inspired subjects.
Respectfully,
Mike K. :)

Insp. Bumstead

New in Town
anon` said:
I don't do knives:

2008_02050001.JPG
2008_02050005.JPG

Anon, that is an incredibly beautiful pattern-welded blade. Might I ask who the maker is?

I have a replica of a 16th century German long sword but I'll not post it per the wishes of site management.

DerMann

Practically Family
I'm disappointed with the lot of you.

A vintage knives thread, and yet there is no mention of the Buck 110? Easily the most recognisable folding knife of the 20th century (and possibly 21st, we'll have to wait and see). Many people consider folders to be pocket knives, but the 110s have always come with belt sheaths. It's not a pocket knife, so much as it is a folding hunting knife.

Somewhat heavy for pocket carry, but that doesn't stop me. Just over eight inches long when opened. Mine is marked .110. which means that it hails from the early 1970s, and I can still sharpen it to near razor sharpness.

theinterchange said:
I have two knives I alternate between, both Case.

This is the one I had handy, I'll get a shot of the other later.

Notice the one blade was added by a previous owner, and is next to worthless as it WON'T sharpen. I'll leave you to guess which I'm referring to.

Randy

I have a very similar knife that was originally owned by my grandfather. It's a Schrade, though, dating to the 1980s. Although the blade is odd, it's original, without a doubt, however, your's may actually some how be modified.

No problems honing it, though.

Diamondback said:
I'll see if I can get a pic of Abomination's 1950s-issue Czech-origin bayonet.

It's not just a sharp pointy thing, but a vintage one too--and alas, completely useless until I first find another Saiga-12 up for sale on my terms to attach it to and second finish designing and fabricating the adapter to join the two together...

Ah, come come, the Czechoslovakians knew how to make bayonets in the Golden Era. In a time when rifles like the German K98k were gaining popularity in service, the Czechoslovakians followed suit by shortening their version of the G98, but retaining the straight bolt. In addition to this, as opposed to following the decrease of bayonet length in nearly all rifles of the time, they kept it at near sword length. The correct pattern for the Vz. 24 rifle is the 14" blade bayonet.

Got mine online for a good $20 and it's in great shape considering its age. It's definitely been fielded, as, err, there is evidence of it.

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
My normal pocket knife
crkps.jpg

It's a Chris Reeve and has been a great little knife to have around.

I'm picking up a Raleigh Tabor tomorrow that's a bit more refined (ironwood grips, leather sheath), but about the same size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW