Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(KNIVES) Let's see some sharp pointy objects

Yahoody

One Too Many
I thought I had posted this prior but guess not. My tactical Q-Tip. A most impressive folder out of many I have used and carried. A true one hand folder opening with a "flicker" and closing with the push button "dead bolt" lock. And a quick as any auto knife I own while being stronger than most I suspect. This is an outstanding folder imo if the blade shape and overall size appeals to you.

CRKT James Williams 2908 folder​

1692789391871.png

Last edited:

Fifty150

One Too Many
As with a lot of boys who grew up during a certain time period in The USA, I carried a Swiss Army knife. A status symbol. In those days, the poor kids had some knock-off. The kids whose parents had good jobs got Wenger and Victorinox. The more money your family had, the bigger the knife with more attachments.

IMG_20230902_200659692.jpg

Eventually, by the time I was 10 or 11, a more functional blade was required. Opening potato chip bags before the cut notch and "tear here" perforated line, was difficult. As many children of a certain age remember biting into the plastic bag and trying to tear it open with your teeth. I also needed something more capable for cutting bait and field dressing game, as I was now old enough to fish and hunt.

IMG_20230902_200919910.jpg

Life changes. I was now in high school. I soon learned that I needed a fixed blade knife, which I could deploy with one hand. And I had to have a finger guard so that my hand did not slide forward onto the blade. Not that there was a risk of cutting my own fingers off, while trying to stab somebody else...... but still. You had to be ready. The streets of Chinatown were different after darkness fell, and the tourist retreated back to their hotels.

IMG_20230902_201017950.jpg

Circumstances in life change. In the modern world, if someone were to assault me, I would defend against the assault with a firearm. I wouldn't try to stab back at an assailant. The most common use for any knife is to cut food. Sharing food at dim sum tables, farmers markets, or from hawker carts. I now carry a knife with a dependable blade, which I can use in restaurants without attracting too much attention.

IMG_20230902_201133410.jpg

I don't want to be the guy cutting meat with a fighting knife.

I still love my Böker Magnum Nice (440 A). It's just a wondeful multipurpose knife, in my opinion. Awesome in the kitchen! Grippy, handy, multipurpose weight.

PS:
My hands are small.

Attachments

• IMGP9730.JPG
    IMGP9730.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMGP9732.JPG
    IMGP9732.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
This is the best presentation video, in my opinion!

Curiously, the Strike Droppoint is even available in street stores (!), but actually too high priced here in Germany, for my taste.
Costing 68,95 EUR normally and I have really no idea, why. I mean, it's a normal "switcher", no high-end steel. Yes, nice aluminium scales and a safety-lock, but altogether nearly 70 bucks??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner