Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Knox Forty Custom Edge size 7-1/2

SteveAS

Practically Family
Knox Forty Custom Edge

Color: Light dove grey, perhaps a little lighter than the first picture; black ribbon

Brim: 2-5/8"

Crown: about 6", open crown

Felt: As one would expect of a Knox Forty, it's exceptional felt, which is easily shaped dry; the felt is also very clean, but there is some mothing, which is shown in the photos

Misc: this hat is obviously lightly used; the sweatband is supple; the liner is clean, with intact oilskin-type liner cover; I detect no odors.

Price: $275, shipped in USA

When I came across this hat, I did a little research and found this thread discussing a Knox Forty that sold on ebay a couple years ago for $325. This quote, from Art Fawcett sums up what an exceptional hat it is:

I have a bit of a different outlook Gents. My opinion? I think they are finally bringing what the hats in question deserve. The Knox Forty was one rung under pure beaver ( Knox 100) and is unquestionably an unreproduceable hat today. I know of no hatter that can match it in quality, myself included. The Cav edge makes all the difference in the world.

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

Last edited:

Mulceber

Practically Family
Dang, I really want that hat! Perfect size and a wonderful look to it. Shame I'm just a poor college student. =( -M

edit: aw screw it, my id won out. PM sent.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace