Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KNOX stingy panama

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
My new Knox stingy panama. Lined in mesh. 1 7/8" brim, 4" crown.

Hats003-3.jpg

Hats002-3.jpg

Hats001-3.jpg

Hats004-2.jpg

Neil

A-List Customer
Like the hat

Like it a lot. Sharp. Not so keen on the Knox pin, though, I must say.
I think you're going to have to get rid of it.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Now I'm curious ! Who has the license to make Knox Hats in Japan? i know that during the 1950's ,there were Knox Hats sold in Japan. I wasn't aware that there was a manufacturer there that made hats .
Anyone there knows who make them?

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
besdor said:
Now I'm curious ! Who has the license to make Knox Hats in Japan? i know that during the 1950's ,there were Knox Hats sold in Japan. I wasn't aware that there was a manufacturer there that made hats .
Anyone there knows who make them?

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

The manufacturer is Fuji Corporation (same maker as my Fuji Panama on a previous post).

http://www.fujico-jp.com/english/product/index.htm

Not sure who holds the license.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I noticed in the picture of the Knox Hat ,there was a size tag. Does it say where it was made? I would like to know if Fuji Corp makes these in Japan or in China. If they are made in China , then I know the manufacturer. I hope that there is a small factory in Japan still making hats.
It is interesting that the brand "Knox" is still popular there. Here in the USA , it is barely used anymore.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Ande1964

Practically Family
Nice!

Great hat!

The first fully lined Panama I can remember seeing. Looks like the lower liner is some kind of mesh?

Anj

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The USA pin is interesting in light of the manufacturer and the market in which the hat is sold. It would be like Optimo selling hats with Mossant pins. I'm not knocking it, it's just interesting.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I paid Yen 26,000 ($260) for the hat, and cannot see the same model on the net. Toraya has a slightly better one on their site

http://www.ginza-toraya.com/4-15313-3.htm

but you will see they only go through to 61cm size.

My guess they are not used to taking International orders, and the site in in Japanese. Try and hit a few of the buttons on their site though, and you will see their inventory.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
The USA pin is interesting in light of the manufacturer and the market in which the hat is sold. It would be like Optimo selling hats with Mossant pins. I'm not knocking it, it's just interesting.

Ha! The Japanese love foreign branded goods, and prefer if they are made in Japan to high standards made to their specificities, even though the hat brand does not exist overseas! Add "USA" and the older generation get more bang for their buck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats