Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KOTEX PAD IN A HAIRNET?

KAT

A-List Customer
HEy!
We all went out to see Hobojazz playing last Saturday! We all got dressed up and i also did my friends hair! She has really long hair so i put it up in a hairnet! I just had a blond hair rat so i couldnt use it on her!
So we went to the Bar and a old lady came up to her and gave us compliments on our hair and dresses but then she told my friend that her mom used to use Kotex Pads to make it look bigger and fuller!
And we were looking at each other and my friend said:" Did she just said Kotex pad?"[huh]
So i was wondering if anybody got some information on this one!
I mean even if youre poor, you can still use your own hairbrush hair and put it in some old nylon. But i never heard about using a Kotex pad?![huh]
I mean its possible and im sure some women tried it but i just think it would be easier to use your own hair, instead of a different colored kotex pad?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
lol That's really funny- then you've got one in case of emergencies, I guess...

I've never heard that before!

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
I have to say I *giggled* at the title of this thread, because it was incredibly funny. AND I can only imagine what the males will be thinking when they see that one! ;)

Anyhow...back on topic. I wouldn't doubt it for a second. We women will sometimes do anything to obtain our goals in beauty. What interesting info she passed on to you as well as amusing!

magneto

Practically Family
Yes, that tip must definately date from the non-adhesive days of pins and belts! Well I have heard of putting the thin ones on the inside of a hat as a tres-absorbant sweatband--fine if the fellow doesn't plan to remove his hat! lol

KAT

A-List Customer
lol yeah thats what i thought too!
we were staring at each other " DID SHE JUST SAY KOOOTEX PAAAD?":eusa_doh: :eek: lol
But thanks for your thoughts on this

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Hahaa! This has got me thinking...what about using a tampon to roll the hair and then using the string to pull it out so that you have a nice little roll going on? Might actually work, although I am not gonna be trying it first (if at all). But the image of doing so is funny!
(If the boys are reading this they are probably sorry they did at this point.)

ChorusGirl

Familiar Face
...and then he thought he'd try this crazy new swingout move, but he swung me a bit too fast and it flew right out of my hair, ricocheted off of Bobby Jones' head, and landed on the floor where Ethel Lee slipped on it...

-C.G. ;)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
ITG said:
Hahaa! This has got me thinking...what about using a tampon to roll the hair and then using the string to pull it out so that you have a nice little roll going on? Might actually work, although I am not gonna be trying it first (if at all). But the image of doing so is funny!
(If the boys are reading this they are probably sorry they did at this point.)

lol I can't believe you're suggesting this! How funny! (It almost makes me want to try it just for laughs...)

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I have no idea how this happened, but one day I was out and a lady came up to me and said, "Ummm, you have a pad stuck to your sweater." At least it was fresh. And yes, although she was nice about it, it was just as embarassing as it sounds. Therefore, there is no WAY I'd go out using feminine hygiene except for the purpose for which it was intended.

Besides, pads are really thin now. I agree that this tip must have come from the days when they were mattresses.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lauren Henline said:
lol That's really funny- then you've got one in case of emergencies, I guess...

I've never heard that before!
Very very true. I like your multi-tasking attitude!!

I saw this thread and giggled too. I can just imagine the "eewws" from all the guys..
I've never heard of it either. I guess it would work. I would imagine it would give a lot more lift to an up-do and they probably were popular for the big hair styles of the 50's and 60's.

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
Daisy Buchanan wrote:

"I saw this thread and giggled too. I can just imagine the "eewws" from all the guys.."

The fellas ought to br prepared for such things if they're going to hang out in the powder room. :D

--Leslie

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Kotex has many uses

fortworthgal said:
lol I can't believe you're suggesting this! How funny! (It almost makes me want to try it just for laughs...)
Oooooh, do let us know how it works!

Speaking of Kotex/Maxi pads. A few years ago, my grandmother made all of us women house shoes out of Maxi pads. The scary thing was this was meant as a serious Christmas gift. She wanted to make sure mine fit and was very eager to know if mine fit, since I have the biggest feet of all the women in my family and she had to buy the extra long ones for me. She also put insoles on the bottom for soles. Even my 17 year old cousin's girlfriend got a pair that year. Here's a pic:
maxipad_slippers2.jpg

KAT

A-List Customer
oooooooha hahahhahahahalol lol i cant believe what i started! hahhaha memories of Kotex slippers..haha thats priceless:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran