Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kromers

cooper

One of the Regulars
How many people have stormy Kromers? I have a black one and an olive one. the olive one I took the earflap off for a different look.

S

Samsa

As a Michigander, I feel ashamed that I had not heard of these before I read your post...

cooper

One of the Regulars
Samsa said:
As a Michigander, I feel ashamed that I had not heard of these before I read your post...
Comfortable and warm for winter.http://stormykromer.com/

original_black.jpg

They make a real nice vest thats on my list.If you have any railroad pocket watches this vest is a must.
jacket_detail_vest1.gif

Did i forget this Mac cruiser?Comes with a zipper vest.From the photo it looks like the button down.
jacket_detail_jacket1.gif

The Outlaw Kyle

One of the Regulars
Charcoal grey, and a stormy coat as well.

While I love the hat, the coats buttons were poorly applied. I hope that they got better at that since I bought mine.

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
20+ Years

They are an excellent cover for cold weather and they wont ever blow off. Thats why they were popular with RR men.

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
scotrace said:
Leave the ear thingies up. Or it's dork-a-thon.

Among early 20th Century Lumberjacks, covering the ears was indeed "dorky". Leaving the ears exposed was a matter of macho honor and thus many had ears disfigured by frostbite. None of us escape the influence of fashion.

I have a black Kromer that I sometimes wear in the field on warmer winter days. I've never had the flaps down.

cooper

One of the Regulars
scotrace said:
I've the red. Great cap.

Leave the ear thingies up. Or it's dork-a-thon.
True.If you in a reallly bad snap your glad they are there.Surprisingly the olive one without the flaps looks good.
I purchased one of these......but I returned it. Just wasn't quite right right.I think they were trying to go after the snowboarders.
brimless.jpg

Canadave

One Too Many
My FIRST just arrived today. I had never heard of these before November 12, when I quickly ordered one*. It arrived today, 8 days later, north of the border. That's pretty quick service. It's black, and it's a beauty.

*It may not be my last. ;)

NB Got a big head? They are sized up to an 8!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Red Stormy Kromer all the way! I have relatives that live in northern Minnesota on lakes that border Canada and they expect me to wear a stocking cap or a Kromer when we are out together in the winter. They are fine hats.

IMG_0069-M.jpg

Above is a pic I took last year when I was working on cutting some evergreen limbs in our yard. A felt hat would have gotten beaten up and knocked off my head in this close quarters work.

Best,Eric -

Duper

Practically Family
My FIRST just arrived today. I had never heard of these before November 12, when I quickly ordered one*. It arrived today, 8 days later, north of the border. That's pretty quick service. It's black, and it's a beauty.

*It may not be my last. ;)

NB Got a big head? They are sized up to an 8!

Canadave, where did you order your hat from? I am also a hat login' Canuck and very curious about these caps. I had never heard of or seen one prior to this post.

Unfortunately my weather may leave me with no other option but to put the ear thingies down from time to time or my darn ears might just freeze dry and drop right off. I do like having the option even if I don't use it.

Canadave

One Too Many
Canadave, where did you order your hat from? I am also a hat login' Canuck and very curious about these caps. I had never heard of or seen one prior to this post.

Unfortunately my weather may leave me with no other option but to put the ear thingies down from time to time or my darn ears might just freeze dry and drop right off. I do like having the option even if I don't use it.

I ordered it right from Stormy Kromer. http://www.stormykromer.com/ Lightening-fast delivery.

I'm not sure I agree with the folks who disparage the use of the ear flaps. I'll be using them, but on mine, they only come down so far, and leave my ear lobes well exposed. I don't know if this is how they are designed, or whether it's because of my giant 7 7/8 long oval heed.

Check out their web site. They've got nice stuff.

Duper

Practically Family
I ordered it right from Stormy Kromer. http://www.stormykromer.com/ Lightening-fast delivery.

I'm not sure I agree with the folks who disparage the use of the ear flaps. I'll be using them, but on mine, they only come down so far, and leave my ear lobes well exposed. I don't know if this is how they are designed, or whether it's because of my giant 7 7/8 long oval heed.

Check out their web site. They've got nice stuff.

Thanks! Can I ask which colour or model you picked? I see they have a rancher model for the seriously cold days.

Duper

Practically Family
I spoke to the folks at Kromer this morning. They have free shipping through Monday if you use the code GIVETHANKS2012 at checkout. It is posted in their Facebook page. They said they would honour the free shipping to Canada as well.

Now my biggest problem is selecting a colour.

Duper

Practically Family
Classic Stormy Kromer ordered. I love the fact that it is made in the US of A. Sort of like Tilley here in Canada. Made by Canadians or Akubra, made proudly by Australians. Hopefully it will arrive in about a week as the dog walks are getting cooler everyday.

Love the order confirmation email I got back.

You see, we’re a small company filled with folks who still stitch things by hand. And right now, each and every one of us is on our feet, cheering your name.

Yep. It might take a few minutes to calm things down again, but you can take comfort in the fact that your new Stormy Kromer gear will be hand sewn, inspected and nestled safely amongst its packing materials, just for you.

Our only wish is that we could be there to watch you open it. But that would probably take too much time, and it could get awkward—what with 61 Stormy Kromer employees tracking up your kitchen just to see how that gear lights up your face.

Duper

Practically Family
My new red Original Stormy Kromer arrived yesterday. It is below freezing here today, so it will get used very soon. 8 days delivery time from their first day of business. Nice wool cap. I am very pleased with their sizing advice and the construction of the hat and I may order another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk