Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kromex!

Kaela

Vendor
Does anybody have any information about Kromex kitchen sets? I've been trying to collect the whole set for years, and finally have *i think* got them all... Flour, sugar, cookies, coffe, tea, grease, and a cake tin.
I'm wondering what the year was that they came out specifically and all that, they're aluminum + plastic.
Here's a photo!
072906_2007a.jpg

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sorry, no info. But do you have the bread box and
the foil/wax paper/paper towel dispenser? I like
those best of all. You can usually find examples on
that auction site...

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
There are salt & pepper shakers as well, I believe:

SP.jpg

I don't think these are "Kromex" brand, but I would guess they had a similar spice rack as well:

spicerack.jpg

Kaela

Vendor
oh, I haven't seen the bread box or other despensers, alas, my collection is not complete!
I've never come across those crazy salt + pepper shakers, they're great, like atomic-age-space-eggs!!
I've seen those similar spice jars, they're great, I don't think I've seen kromex ones around, but they are quite similar.
thanks for the pics!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Do I have KROMEX?

I've got more KROMEX than I know what to do with! I have a breadbox, three or four sets of cannisters, the foil/wax paper/paper towel dispenser, a complete spice rack, salt & pepper shakers, an ice bucket or two, a butter dish, a gravy service, a cream & sugar service, two iced beverage pitchers (one red & one silver) and five original "rainbow" cups, two iced water decanters, a cocktail shaker and six demitasse cups. I must have missed something but I am literally overrun with the stuff. It does make a nice vintage (50's) kitchen look. Now I need the appliances to go with all this stuff! :eusa_doh: [huh] ;) :)

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Here's what the Kromex spice rack looks like:

c2736a.jpg

Once, I saw a flip top Kromex garbage can on eBay. I've never seen another one like it in 10 years of looking.

The plastic tops to the canisters also came in different colors - aqua, pink, yellow and black.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
I just saw a set of Kromex canisters for sale and had the funny feeling I'd seen them before. So, I had to enlist the assistance of my resident authority...Mom.

I said I was either having a really, really early childhood memory or a stoke. She told me it was a memory. Whew!

My Gram had this set when my Mom was growing up in the 50's. I barely remember them from the late 60's. Gram gutted the kitchen and these wonderful canisters were one of the casualties. Well, I am a sentimental fool! My new (old) set will be on it's way just as soon as my payment clears. The black lids won't match our kitchen very well, but maybe I can leverage the purchase as justification for stainless appliances? lol

s5005581.jpg

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
I have the same set 23Skidoo. (not in its entirety - I just need the cookie one) - they look great with stuff from the 30s - 40s. A spice set would come in handy - as I do keep quite a few spices in hand for my herbal teas as well as regular cooking.

My set is happily employed - down to the salt and pepper shakers. :)

Foofoogal posted the link that I had come across in my search for finding out more on them.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Prien said:
I have the same set 23Skidoo. (not in its entirety - I just need the cookie one) -

Prien...have a look around the usual sites. I could swear I've seen the cookie jar sold alone. The set I purchased has damage to the lid of the coffee jar, but a seller on another site had just the coffee canister with a good lid. I ordered it and will just swap it out for the damaged one.

The foil, waxpaper, paper towel contraption looks interesting but I wonder if it can accommodate today's modern size rolls.

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
RE Skidoo.: I believe I did see that cookie jar on the site that Foofoogal posted...and it wasn't that long ago that I looked it up.

Here it is: Cookie Canister

$20 is quite a bit considering the partial set that I got, was $24 (I had purchased it at an antique mall in Adamstown, PA - a place that's 2 hrs from where I live - I'm in Danville, PA).

So I can still hunt around and see...but will save the link just in case, as I could use it to store snacks in. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran