Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L.A. Confidential dress...???

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
I really love the white dress that Kim Basinger's character is wearing from L.A. Confidential. I was hoping to remake the dress for myself, but there are no patterns similar and I don't have many pictures of the dress. Does anyone have great pictures of the dress from the front and the back. I can only find the dress on the cover like this...

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...confidential&start=60&ndsp=20&um=1&hl=en&sa=N

Thank you

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I can't find any images in a quick search of the web but I own the film and I'd be happy to do some screen caps for you tonight if that would be helpful. Also, I'm pretty sure I remember thinking there was a Vogue pattern that was a pretty close match for that dress. I probably have it bookmarked on my home computer.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
I should just go buy the movie :) If you find a pattern that is similar....definitely let me know. Thank you

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
texasgirl said:
I was thinking we'd already talked about this dress, but upon searching, it was the Rocketeer dress. Here's the link. I think it is similar, but it looks like she's not taking orders anymore.

http://www.ferdalump.com/rocketeer.html

I completely forgot about this dress. Wow. It's gorgeous. I could always make this dress for the base of the LA confidential one and then add extra fabric for the extra detail in the front.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
cap004.jpg

cap006.jpg

This scene is particularly dark, so apologies for the images. It looks like it's a fairly simple slip dress with the gauze tacked on at the bottom of the V of the back neckline, over the shoulders, crossed in a criss cross pattern then tied in the back.

Maybe something like Simplicity 3501?

Hope this is helpful!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I would just keep looking on ebay for a 30s pattern with the same type of bodice and back, then add the chiffon into the shoulder seam to cross and tie at the back.

Also, look in the "show us your patterns" and "show us what you made" threads here. If one of the gals has a pattern that would work for you, you could always ask her to trace it for you.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
imoldfashioned said:
cap004.jpg

cap006.jpg

This scene is particularly dark, so apologies for the images. It looks like it's a fairly simple slip dress with the gauze tacked on at the bottom of the V of the back neckline, over the shoulders, crossed in a criss cross pattern then tied in the back.

Maybe something like Simplicity 3501?

Hope this is helpful!

Wow...you got photos! Thank you sooooo much! I'll check on the Simplicity pattern

KittyT- I'll have to check out ebay as well. I'm glad you mentioned chiffon because I wouldn't know exactly what type of fabric to use otherwise. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters