Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies and Gents, A dating issue/question

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
MsGlamour said:
Let me just clarify though, we are very low-key people. We do go fancy though for birthdays and things of that nature. But we're both highly underpaid for our chosen fields. We do the best we can for the most part. We do rarely ever go out though. A lot of weekend nights spent in the house watching tv and ordering takeout.

My point was that "it doesn't get better than the first date," as some people say. From what you've written, it sounds like the relationship hasn't been very good in a long time (ever?). I've never seen a relationship of any kind go from bad to good, no matter how much was put into it.

On a related note, you're underpaid? Highly underpaid? Do you know that there is someone out there who is looking at a bunch of crappy resumes, ready to pull their hair out, perhaps doing the work of two people, saying, "Isn't there anyone qualified out there who will apply for this job?" They're looking for you, you new graduate, and just by the law of averages, they'll pay you more than what you're making. Do them a favor and send them your resume.

panamag8or

Practically Family
LocktownDog said:
Well, I can't really comment on your question right now in my rotten situation. But I do wish you the best. There's some good advice (and advisors) here.

Richard

Exactly. I am in the separated stage myself, so my advice might be a bit jaded. :(

RedHotRidinHood said:
I asked my ex once that if he could fill my closet with anything in the world, what would he pick for me?

I wish some nice girl would ask me that. After spending so much time here, my answer would probably floor her.lol

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Elaina said:
Because I fell asleep on the way in. I woke up, I was in Memphis. Fell asleep and I woke up again, I was in Mississipi, repeat...I was in the middle of a kudzu laden road. I turn to my dad: "Where am I?"

Dad: "About 10 miles from the house."

I stayed silent...20 miles later...I see...an empty bank, a garage, and...my parent's house.

Now in all honesty, I kinda know where I am on a map, maybe.

bahahahhahhhahahahahahaha my stomach, oh my stomachlol lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner