Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies Globe Trotting Hat?

What do you think of this as a Ladies Globe Trotting Hat?

• I love your fashion style, let's do it baby!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oh no! Too dainty for me!

• For a 2 second photo I can go either way.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leaette

A-List Customer
me! me! me!
I wanna do it!
I live in Pittsburgh, PA
and yes...a topper hat would be perfect. I have a MELON head and hats never fit me.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Oh, me too! i'm in central London so could do a handover with Kerry... Enfield is close to where I live but it would be a great excuse for a weekend away!

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Count me in. I'm in the suburbs northwest of Denver. We may be buying a house, so my address may change in the not too distant future. :D

Joie

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Signs up are now closed

Hello Adventuresome Ladies -

Signs up are now closed for the Globe Trotting Hat Party. Thank you for signing up and showing your great spirit! :eusa_clap

I have found a hat I will post for Globe Trotting Approval and also post the list according to geography.

Sorry for the slowness, it's been maddening at work!

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

PM me your Addresses and ***PRIZES*** for the ladies!!

Okay ladies I might be slow on the take, but you've joined a great thread. Here's the deal:

First, PM me the following info:

Your moniker:
Your real name and address:
Your country:
Your email:

And some other info....see below for details....

This information will NOT be published, but will be included in the hat package in groups of six once I get to take a pic of the hat and send it off to the next lady.

PRIZES you ask???

Yup, prizes indeed. I am slowly but surely starting to clear out my 25 year vintage collection. My dear husband and I conferred this evening, and we decided that some of that might go to you! :cheers1:

How you might ask???

Thank you for asking.

I will start by sending off the hat to the nearest person, or making arrangements to meet her. I believe the nearest person to me might be Lady Day.

Lady Day has ONE WEEK from the day of receiving the hat to post her picture in a vintage outfit and send it off to the next person. If she completes her mission from start to finish within ONE WEEK she will get a surprise from my secret stash! Please remember to try and take your picture at a historical site in your region!! This offer applies to anyone on this thread and is on the honor system. Yes, our international friends are also included in this prize-gathering quest.

So here's the kicker: I get to decide what you get, but you can help me. Maybe I'll send you a homemade card. Maybe a pair of gloves. Maybe some vintage buttons. Maybe a book. The choice is mine.

So....on the last item on your private email to me, tell me what you'd really like, and what you'd settle for and what won't work in your world. Be reasonable. I'm not going to send vintage shoes or an overcoat or a hat, unless you want to remake some of my squashed ones, haha. I only have size 6 and smaller vintage, so sorry, no XL sizes available at all.

Will you take items in used but good condition? What about poor condition but fun items? A book that's got some wear but is from the 1950's? (I have a cool one, but the spine is a bit split). Vintage button sets that are a bit worn or have a chipped button in the set?

Or do you only like items in perfect condition and used is not an option in your world? Tell me, and I'll see what I can do.

No promises, but fun surprises in store for everyone.

Thoughts??

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

Sorry! But as Loungers know, I usually do something every now and than or someone else does.

I'm sure you will be able to join in on something special in the future.

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

One more thing about the prizes

If it isn't apparent, I'll be more inclined to give the special items to ladies who go to the trouble of taking pics in a historical area or in front of a historical building, etc. circa 1920-1950.

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

I can't edit my first post, so here is the list so far;

Lounger name City State Country Wish list

Betty Valentine New York NY USA received
GwenLake Jozefow Poland received
Joie DeVive Lakewood CO USA received
Kim_B Syracuse IN USA received
KittyT Revere (Boston region) MA USA received
Leaette Pittsburgh PA USA received
Novella Isla Vista CA USA received