Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies Globe Trotting Hat?

What do you think of this as a Ladies Globe Trotting Hat?

• I love your fashion style, let's do it baby!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oh no! Too dainty for me!

• For a 2 second photo I can go either way.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Princessofcandl has the hat, I wonder what the announcement is? Can you tell us Vintage Betty, or must we wait until POC's pictures are up?

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
yeaaaaaah

Yeah me!!! I got a pic uploaded. OK... so thats the best I can do. I don't know how to make it bigger. If you want bigger then you're gonna have to help me (haha).

So thats me.... I swear the camera is never nice cuz it doesn't capture my actual vivatousness. And that is the Alamo..... remember????

OK.. so bonus points for me!!!

Nashoba

One Too Many
Miss Brill said:
Winstead Hill? Carnton? Carter House? That crazy-looking spaceship house on Chickering Road? The movie theater downtown in Franklin?

*GASP* She knows Franklin!!!!! I live in Spring Hill :). I was planning on Rippavilla for sure maybe our little battlefield memorial thingy down here. I drove by Winstead yesterday and thought about adding it to the list too. That movie theater is in a desperate attempt to be saved actually. I need to go back up there and write down the website that's attempting to save it from destruction. It made me sad to see that.
I don't think I've seen that house, but then I don't think I've actually been down Chickering Road either.
I was also thinking about going up into the city to take pics at the Ryman, up and down Broadway, and to the Opryland Hotel....I don't think it will get to me in time to take pictures with santa though :D That would be fun. ohhhh the possibilities.....

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Nashoba said:
*GASP* She knows Franklin!!!!! I live in Spring Hill :). I was planning on Rippavilla for sure maybe our little battlefield memorial thingy down here. I drove by Winstead yesterday and thought about adding it to the list too. That movie theater is in a desperate attempt to be saved actually. I need to go back up there and write down the website that's attempting to save it from destruction. It made me sad to see that.
I don't think I've seen that house, but then I don't think I've actually been down Chickering Road either.
I was also thinking about going up into the city to take pics at the Ryman, up and down Broadway, and to the Opryland Hotel....I don't think it will get to me in time to take pictures with santa though :D That would be fun. ohhhh the possibilities.....

I forgot about Rippavilla. :eusa_doh:

This is about the house on Chickering, but I can't find a photo of it:
It’s not such a Small World, after all

There‚Äôs something about the white landmark of a house rising out of the terraced hill at 1644 Chickering Road that makes you want to drive by again, just to be sure you saw correctly the first time. It could be the size: it is massive. Or the shape: it is triangular. Or the singularity: there is nothing like it among the conservative Georgian, Mediterranean and ranch-turned-Tudor architecture situated along the tony, wooded drive across from the entrance to Percy Warner Park. The gleaming paper football of a fa?ßade seems to hover over the rich green vista in a sublime ether of expensive lightscaping, as if it were just being projected onto the hill. If the lights were turned off some night, would it simply disappear? If so, a lot of people would be looking for the kill switch. Instead of columns, the untraditional house known as Small World has a black champagne glass of a turret in front and itty-bitty bubbles of windows bouncing across the fa?ßade. But kudos to Richard and Rhonda Small, who took an architectural risk on a majestic plot of land and created something to remark about and drive by‚Äîagain and again, just to be sure.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dang it, I was in Franklin over Thanksgiving (trying to buy a hat of all things but the lady was too much of a...well, my mom and I walked out leaving the merchandise on the counter and the store $200 poorer, let's just leave it at that) but it was too hectic of a trip to even try to attempt a get-together with nearby Loungers. :( We drove down from Clarksville with 2 other people in the car. Anyway, I am getting excited here in the North, already picked out some locales, so by the time The Hat reaches me I should have a photographer and camera all lined up.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
princessofcandl said:
Yeah me!!! I got a pic uploaded. OK... so thats the best I can do. I don't know how to make it bigger. If you want bigger then you're gonna have to help me (haha).

So thats me.... I swear the camera is never nice cuz it doesn't capture my actual vivatousness. And that is the Alamo..... remember????

Hi Princess of Candi, if you want to make the picture bigger upload it to an image hosting site like www.photobucket.com and then there will be an option next to it that says 'image code'. You then click this, it will say 'copied', and paste it into what you are writing over here on FL. You can put the bigger picture in the Hat thread in the Steamer Trunk
( http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=23033 )

I'd love to see you and the Alamo bigger, it looks great! :)

Vintage Betty

princessofcandl said:

Congratulations on your Alamo photo! Can you please upload it to the Display Case Globe Trotting Hat Thread?

Thank you,

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty's SPECIAL Announcement

I am formally announcing that upon the return of the Official Fedora Lounge Ladies Globe Trotting Hat, I will be posting it for auction, with 100% of the proceeds being given to my local American Cancer Society.

The Men's Globe Trotting Hat is travelling around the world, and will also be auctioned off to remind people about the importance of protecting against skin cancer. Thank you to the Men's Globe Trotting Hat participants for this great idea.

I will be using the photos that have been posted in the Globe Trotting Hat Thread for the auction, to generate interest and higher bids for charity.

How many times do YOU have a chance to purchase a hat that has travelled around the world?

Vintage Betty

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Betty what an awesome idea! Hope it brings big bucks!!

Princess, I would love to see a bigger pic! The Alamo, what fun!
Nikki

Nashoba

One Too Many
That is fantastic Betty. I hope it fetches an amazing price...
MB: I might have to take a bit of a drive....Have you ever seen the castle off of 840? hmm that might be a photo option too.....

Ashley dang it. I would have loved to see you too. ah well. same thing happend to me when I was in Cali. Tried to figure out a time to see VB and some of the other NorCal Loungers and it just didn't happen. Next time you find yourself in Tn though, lmk. Blondie is here in Nashville too...

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I got the hat!! :D It arrived yesterday afternoon. I hope I can get to where I wanna go with New Years and everything... I'm so excited! I'm so glad it didn't come before Christmas, I was really afraid I wouldn't have the time to get the pics, ect.
Nikki

Vintage Betty

Posting the Ladies Globe-Trotting Hat Photos

I have sent two notifications to princessofcandl, and there has been no reply, so I am posting this publicly.

Princessofcandl, please post photos of your Alamo visit in this thread. I am holding your prize until your photo(s) are uploaded, as I understand how you could be confused with the posted instructions.

For others who are on the shipping list, please post your photos on the above thread. Avatar photos only are NOT acceptable in order to receive your prize.

Thank you for your understanding.

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

What's the flight path of the hat?

What's the flight path of the hat?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the current status of the Official Fedora Lounge Ladies Globe Trotting Hat. Sorry, no new ladies are being added to the Globe Trotting Hat list.

Past hat locations greyed out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lounger name City State Zip Country

USA Loungers
Vintage Betty Silicon Valley CA USA
Lady Day San Francisco CA USA - PICTURE POSTED
Katie Brookes Oakland CA USA - PICTURE POSTED
ShortClara Burbank CA USA - PICTURE POSTED
Rockapin-up Los Angeles CA USA - PICTURE POSTED
Novella Isla Vista CA USA - PICTURE POSTED
Paisley Englewood CO USA - PICTURE POSTED
Joie DeVive Lakewood CO USA - PICTURE POSTED

goldwyn girl Henderson NV USA - PICTURE POSTED

ssubialdea Dallas TX USA - PICTURE POSTED
texasgirl Dallas TX USA - PICTURE POSTED

princessofcandl San Antonio TX USA ***WAITING FOR PICTURE TO BE UPLOADED***

Ohairas Warrenton MO USA - CURRENT HAT HOLDER

Nashoba Spring Hill TN USA

epr25 Fort Wayne IN USA
Kim_B Syracuse IN USA

Leaette Pittsburgh PA USA

Betty Valentine New York NY USA
BegintheBeguine Rochester NY USA

imoldfashioned Jamaica Plain MA USA
KittyT Revere (Boston region) MA USA

International Loungers
GwenLake Jozefow Poland
Kerry Enfield Middx UK
TheKitschGoth Langley, Slough UK
Ada Veen London UK

Back to
Vintage Betty Silicon Valley CA USA

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I'm heading over to post a few pics in the display case! I haven't much time now tho, and will post more later!
Nikki

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24