1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Ladies Hat Chat

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by MsMarie, Oct 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MsMarie

MsMarie New in Town

Hello All, I was hoping there are some other ladies on the board who enjoy wearing and talking about vintage hats. I'm rather starved for some conversation on this subject since I don't have any vintage wearing friends nearby. My husband is probably tired of hearing me lament the scarcity of 40's women's Fedoras and says, "Really, another one?" when a new tilt hat shows up in the mail. ;)

This week I was very happy to have successfully scooped up this platter hat after seeing it previewed on instagram. It's in like new condition and the cutouts are so lovely! The platter style isn't usually one I wear but this design was too good to pass up.
    [​IMG]IMG_4959 by Heather Beckley, on Flickr

So what styles of hat do you like best? Do you have any "white whales" that you're searching for? (Red 40's fedora that doesn't cost an arm and a leg for me.)

ruvort and RedDoll46 like this.
  2. MagsRags

MagsRags New in Town

Love that hat!

I'm a fedora fan too, but am cursed with a physically large head, which makes proper fit a challenge.

MsMarie likes this.
  3. MsMarie

MsMarie New in Town

That has to be very frustrating! One good thing about tilt hats is that you don't really have to worry about the size of your head. :)

4. MissMittens

MissMittens One Too Many

Simply divine hat!

Sadly, with a large-ish head, I can rarely buy online so I'm limited to what I find locally and can actually try on before purchasing. For that reason, my hat collection is very sparse. I would love a 40's cartwheel in black or red, but alas, have not found one here in the 10 years I've been looking

5. MsMarie

MsMarie New in Town

Red hats are harder to find! I keep missing out on them myself because they always appear once my monthly hat budget has been spent.

MissMittens likes this.