Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies show us your best.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
This thread is fun! Keep posting ladies!
Lauren, WHO is the gorgeous creature on your right?
White rayon suit from Fashion Originators Guild. So sad this didn't fit anymore- it was one of my very favorites!
best01.jpg

Amie

One of the Regulars
Miss Golightly, you need not worry about the dress not fitting perfectly, you look positively sweet!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
That's my ex. We're still friends :) I actually found the Lounge because of his recommendation!
Oh! You still look as lovely as ever, but if that's an old pic, he may not. Maybe he's gained weight and lost his hair by now. But he looks dashing in that frozen moment!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Oh! You still look as lovely as ever, but if that's an old pic, he may not. Maybe he's gained weight and lost his hair by now. But he looks dashing in that frozen moment!

HA! I actually haven't seen him for quite a while, but he still looked relatively the same when I saw him last :) Though he's more indie rock than vintage these days. This must have been... 2005 maybe? Was the year before the Classic Style magazine launch at the Queen Mary event.

BoPeep

Practically Family
Thanks for the compliments, Ladies! Miss Golightly, I love the light blue and gold together! It's so fun to have great outerwear to set off the dress!

Last edited:

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Wahine - thank you - I'm a bit lost for words - such a fantastic compliment - thank you!

BoPeep - thanks so much! I've just realised that the blue coat was the very first vintage piece I ever bought - it was in a pile of coats in Grandma Takes a Trip in Sydney - it was love at first sight! I always knew I loved the clothes from the 50's/60's but this was the first time I thought that maybe I could wear vintage - this was around 2003 but my love for vintage has only taken off properly in the last three years or so.

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Ahh gosh, you are all so lovely!!

BoPeep, that dress is the perfect blend of elegance and vampiness... I absolutely adore it.

Miss Golightly, you actually bear quite a resemblance to your namesake. You have the same subtle elegance and sleek early 60s style as Audrey. Lovely!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Miss G - you actually look like a hybrid of Audrey and Vivien Leigh. Beautiful.

Drappa - you look adorable, so pretty. I love the colour of the dress on you.

Lauren - You make it look so effortless! You're one of my inspirations!

Well done to all the other ladies i have not commented on, you're all stunners!!

LittleMissToniJo

One of the Regulars
This thread is really inspiring. I wish I had something cuter to contribute (that wasn't taken with a camera phone :eek: ) but what can you do? I stole my avatar from this pic:

20110405---40s_dress.jpg

Can't wait to see more! You ladies are just gorgeous <3

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks, Miss Sofia :D
I just finished this playsuit and I think it's now one of my very favorite things in my closet. Even though I made it, I guess it could be considered one of my best. :)
playsuit8.jpg

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
Thanks, Miss Sofia :D
I just finished this playsuit and I think it's now one of my very favorite things in my closet. Even though I made it, I guess it could be considered one of my best. :)
playsuit8.jpg

Oh my dear... that is just adorable! Once again, thanks for sharing your inspiring creations with us, Lauren!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo