Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies show us your best.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I received this dress as a thank you/going away gift from my good friends Alicia and Robert. I just LOVE this 40's party dress and I only hope I have an occasion to wear such a delight. The photo of me is stupid, but it's the best photo I have of the dress.

DSC_01732b.jpg

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Lolita Haze, that dress is jaw-droppingly gorgeous!! What a skirt; it's just begging to be danced in!

KittyAnneMalloo, that dress is adorable! If you don't mind my asking, is it actual vintage or repro? If it's actual vintage, it's amazingly vibrant for a cotton day dress; pretty fabulous either way, though.

KittyAnneMalloo

Familiar Face
RodeoRose, Here is a link to the Etsy listing. http://www.etsy.com/transaction/45098607
It is new old stock and in amazing condition but still old as the hills. I got so many positive comments when I wore it shopping. I live in a small country town in Australia and they are all use to me wearing amazing frocks everyday but this dresss recieved the most comments ever! I feel like a princess in it!

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
RodeoRose, Here is a link to the Etsy listing. http://www.etsy.com/transaction/45098607
It is new old stock and in amazing condition but still old as the hills. I got so many positive comments when I wore it shopping. I live in a small country town in Australia and they are all use to me wearing amazing frocks everyday but this dresss recieved the most comments ever! I feel like a princess in it!

Wow, I got all giddy just reading the etsy listing! What a truly amazing find; I'm glad it's just as nice in person, you certainly look stunning in it!

nosferaturoams

Familiar Face
Thank you so much *schatzi* :). It was my first time going "all out". It felt really nice and makes me wish even more that I could afford a whole closet worth of vintage/retro clothing :)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the compliments LADIES!!! I swear I have more formal gowns than daywear! I need to remedy that! This one is a peach though! I rarely see the full skirted formals. This one fits like a dream too! I don't know where I can wear this dress in Kenosha... and most 40's dances are swing. Can't swing in this baby. I need a 40's evening with foxtrots and waltzes! And I need to learn how to foxtrot and waltz!

Patricia Lynn

New in Town
207599_1864183717728_1035030381_2040866_7466717_n.jpg

My beautiful new dress! I found it on Etsy and had to wait till I saved up enough money hoping that no one else would nab it before me! Please remind me to lift my chin when photos are being taken :)

I was eying that dress on Etsy. It looks fabulous! And I had to giggle at your chin remark. My husband, when he takes pictures of me, now reminds me to lift my chin, as he knows I'll just delete the ones showing my chin pillow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24