Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies show us your best.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
LadyPowers posted:
Maybe, later I'll worry about make-up and hairstyles for extremely long hair. I am not crazy about the thigh-hi with the seams in the back.
I'm not sure if it's the thigh high part or the back seam you don't like but if it's the thigh high part you don't like, you can buy control top hose with back seams at Victoria Secrets.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I can't wear thigh highs myself--I'm allergic to the glue. If it's a question of comfort, I'll take stockings paired with a girdle or garter belt any day of the week! Pantyhose are such a pain to put on, and if you get a run in one leg, the entire pair is ruined!
You can find seamed pantyhose at www.dancestore.com, too.

If you don't like the seam, I suggest a nice pair of RHTs (reinforced heel toe stockings) instead. The old style stockings (made of nylon on 1950s mills) are so comfortable, and they last for ages. My favorite online store is www.magnoliahosiery.com (but I don't recommend opening this link while you're at work!)

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Wild Root--

I love to swing dance, although there are not too many venues in Arizona! I'm actually going out tonight, though--first time we've been able to go in over a month.

I've been to California a couple of times, but I've only danced at the Derby. Wish I lived in a more 'cultured' city--I think the options would be much more plentiful!

Nice suit, LadyPowers! Gabardine is one of my favorites (the red suit I posted is gabardine.) I love rayon crepe and jersey too, but I am not terribly particular--I've got two closets full of cute 40s numbers!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
not exactly retro, but this is what I have of me in vintage on hand:
web1900s.jpg

30sevening.gif

The negligee in my avitar is vintage,
and for repros I have
qm1.gif

QM8.gif

halloween.gif

which reminds me of how much I need to photograph my collection!

Brad A. Cox

Familiar Face
Ah, the wonderful fashion of the 1940's. A lady could dress with class and the choices were not just hip-huggers and belly shirts. Fashion has gone all wrong. What ever happend to style?

LadyPowers

Familiar Face
Picture135.jpg

Here I am. Good thing that I lost 23 lbs. and kept it off before I bought the gab 1940s suit on eBay. Good thing it went by measurements and not sizes. ;) I'm not happy with the picture. :cry: My shoes which I already posted in the powder room are 1940s vintage. Dark brown beaver felt hat 1940s by Eddi, The Bon Marche, and will post pictures later in Powder Room. Stockings are seemless (still have 50 pairs) with reinforced heel toe held up by garter belt.

Regards,
Lady Powers

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
From a hangar dance:
47b4db31b3127cce9a3b43ef000000000006139AbOXLFk0bS

Looking very Lucy and Ricky here:
47b4db31b3127cce9a3b43ee813100000056119AbOXLFk0bS

Actually I felt like Lucy as a can-can girl.I wish I had remembered to take off the clunky watch.Thought I'd share the spotlight with my husband. ;)

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Yes,it's in Fort Worth.Happens every October. We had a great time.It's one of the few events in Texas where people still arrive dressed for an event instead of a workout.
It's byob and you can get tickets for the dance or tickets for dinner and dancing.Dinner is normally b-b-q.
We haven't been in a couple of years,but we'll probably go this year.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
ruby, keep us updated if you hear more info the October event. I know October is a busy month for me, but this might be something I might try to fit into my schedule. Is it part of air show?

Canyon

Familiar Face
I have what I believe to be a 1940's vintage dress (which ITG was kind enough to let me know about on e-bay).

I'm going to try to get some pictures taken in the next couple of days. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ