Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies show us your best.

elsewhere

Familiar Face
Strangely, although I sell vintage I don't actually have many pictures of me IN it!

I have only this one.. and it's not much at that. Modern skirt w/ 50's hot pink mohair sweater with abalone buttons...(plus husband & child) :):

family_small.JPG

EDITED--- oh... and here I'm with my best friend/Maid of Honor. Over my 40's style (but modern) wedding dress I'm wearing a 40's black velvet cape with ermine trim.

IMG_1758.jpg

elsewhere

Familiar Face
I have TONS of pics of the wedding.. but didn't want to bore everyone.

Not a whole lot of real vintage. Vegas wedding at the Tropicana Chapel which is a lovely tropical bamboo chapel. Elvis did the honors. Not fat 70's jumpsuit Elvis.. but pompadored 50's Rock & Roll Elvis. He was fun and made everyone laugh.. but he was also very heartfelt & appropriate. Not a cheesy wedding at all. Plus... he played guitar while my DH's daughter sang "Love Me Tender" as I walked down the aisle.
I asked the bridesmaid's to wear black "Cocktail" dresses & I supplied them with vintage brooches. Groomsmen wore all black as well and we provided sharkskin ties that coordinated with the bridesmaids brooches.
This was a wedding on a tight budget! But I think it turned out well.

All in all it turned out "vintage-ish". Certainly had a vintage flavor... but there wasn't a whole lot of actual vintage. I tried for MONTHS to find an actual vintage wedding dress.. but to no avail. The one I did find, however, I fell in love with immediately. It really had a great 40's Hollywood glamour to it. Not bad for a modern dress, I think.

Anyway.. for those with time to kill, here are a ton more wedding pics
http://www.elsewherevintage.com/weddingpics.htm
&
http://wicked23.com/clips/wedding/

elsewhere

Familiar Face
Lauren Henline said:
LOVE your icon, and wonderful cape!

The cape has a matching skirt, too. Someday I'll actually get it listed on my site.

As for my avatar... I love that picture! When you say "Joan Crawford", most people get the later 40's "Mommy Dearest" image in their heads. In her earlier years she wasn't like that at all. She was so glamourous and STRONG!

Harry Marlowe

New in Town
Classy,Classy, Classy

Boy, I wish we would get some of the dames walking into our gigs. It would really class-up the joint. Maybe they could show some of the locals how to dance too.....a tip of the hat to beauty.
Harry

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Harry-
Let me know if you ever make it to Dallas.I might be able to get a small group together.A few dancers for sure.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I remember this thread! Always fun to see what the ladies are wearing :)

I just purchased this dress from a good friend--it's a 1940s dusty blue rayon decorated with painted blue and pink swallows trimmed in clear sequins:

47b6db36b3127cce89d72a1bb66d00000015108AatmbRq2ctP

47b6db36b3127cce89d72a14375200000016108AatmbRq2ctP

Wild Root

Gone Home
fortworthgal, I like your new avatar! So WAASP, it's great! Keep'em Flying, victory is waiting on your wings!

Say Jitterbug, that's a nice dress, you always seem to score such great clothes!

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ