Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies show us your best.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Lauren said:
Mid 30s belted back linen jacket with trapunto collar and a 30s white hat
best11.jpg

OMG! I WANT THAT HAT! IT'S AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING!!!

*Warning: If you bring this to the UK on your trip, I will have to steal it from you during the night* lol

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks! I actually got it listed wrong on ebay about two years ago. It was a lot of about 5 or 6 30s and 40s hats in a really neat old hatbox for about $30. They were all smushed when I got them, but I took them to work and used their hat steamer and they popped back into place! This one is my favorite of the bunch, and I think it's one of Matt's favorites, too. He says the buttons look like Skittles lol

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks, gals! :)
Lindabelle, it was a long and stressful search for my wedding gown! The top part is all antique and I made the under dress for it based on the original under dress, which was so discolored and very fragile, then added lots of ruffles :) I bought it on ebay from a seller who was liquidating some of a mid west museum's collection. I feel so blessed to have gotten it!

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Lauren, I'm in total awe! It's hard to believe that some of those photos are modern. You have a stunning wardrobe; thanks for sharing!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
These are my favorites. I just love these looks, hope to have something like that too one day to wear.
best05.jpg

best06.jpg

best07.jpg

And what a wonderful colour combination here:
best08.jpg

But the one I keep going back to is the orange knit suit. I REALLY want something like that. Wonder if my mother could knit one for me if I got her a pattern...

laurakitty

Familiar Face
Lauren- you always look so fantastic! You've inspired me to work harder on my hair styles as all of your looks are so together and immaculate.

Miffy46

New in Town
wasnt sure where to post this - it is my best vintage look i guess! i was recently in a dance show and we did a number from chicago - both reached for the gun, i was the roxie hart character. Got to wear a beautiful dress. This was on my local new website and in the local paper :)

n572425842_2414214_3632556.jpg

50sGal

New in Town
Miffy46 said:
wasnt sure where to post this - it is my best vintage look i guess! i was recently in a dance show and we did a number from chicago - both reached for the gun, i was the roxie hart character. Got to wear a beautiful dress. This was on my local new website and in the local paper :)

n572425842_2414214_3632556.jpg

210509-023w.jpg

Heres a picci of me at the shop..Frou Frou
jackie-410web.jpg

this was taken by a friend for a photography comp

l_6f3114813f1b7dd1cfccadc3d1cb1f01.jpg
And this was taken at a 50s Festival

NicknNora

A-List Customer
This is all I can offer

I don't have any photos of my best pieces that I can post but I do have this photo. I love this dress but unfortunately the waist is still too small for me, but I'm not ready to part with it yet (still trying to get the waist in shape).

My daughter is the model in the photo. I wish I would have thought to have her wear a nice pair of my ankle straps. :eusa_doh:

3824004093_332096c744_m.jpg

3824004095_59b3b31470_m.jpg

3824004103_1fdd4ce5f9_m.jpg

3824004107_c9b865b746_m.jpg

ilanacharnelle

New in Town
I can't believe all these. You girls have put me to shame. So, so beautiful, all of you. Wow. I'm blown away.

My poor efforts:
(My friend took this as a promo for a 1940s/ 50s inspired song I wrote called 'Sailor Boy').
Ilana-19.jpg

Mirinda

New in Town
ilanacharnelle said:
I can't believe all these. You girls have put me to shame. So, so beautiful, all of you. Wow. I'm blown away.

My poor efforts:
(My friend took this as a promo for a 1940s/ 50s inspired song I wrote called 'Sailor Boy').
Ilana-19.jpg

You look so pretty! I love the dress (or is it a top and skirt?) and the little bow on the waist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo