Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies, what are you doing this evening?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Grieving the loss of my 1997 Toyota Corolla, my bad weather/wintertime car since 2004, pronounced dead today of terminal rust in the rear end. I only hope and pray that this won't be my own fate as well.

I bought a $500 beater today with four new snow tires to get thru the winter, and don't even want to think about cars until next spring. The beater is a '99 Subaru, so my record of never having driven a 21st Century car remains intact.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I should do that, Lizzie, but I don't want to part with my money.

I got home from church a while ago and just finished an email to most of my friends letting them know the store I work for needs help NOW. We are not ready for the holidays, no sir. I suspect I'm going to have to work my butt off until January.

I want to make some muffins but I'm tired and in pain. I might go to bed within the hour. But I think I need either a decaf mocha or wine or tea first. I just don't know which.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Tonight, hubby and I are planning to go to a comedy show. "Planning" is the operative word. We may just stay home and watch a movie which would be absolutely fine with me.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
We're having a playdate/ dinner tonight with friends. I'm on cloud 9 as I love to entertain. On the menu is Chana Dal (lentil soup) and Aloo Gobi (potatoes and cauliflower). If I can get off my butt they'll be Besan Curry too (chickpea powder veggie curry). First time entertaining at home since our son was born in July.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
^ I love all those foods. I'll be fixing the straps on my t-strap pumps (maybe) and definitely working on getting the lipstick stains out of my coat (oops). I got a lot out with rubbing alcohol this morning and I think the stain spotter should get the rest. Other than that, I haven't had dinner yet and I want to make pumpkin muffins.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Last night I spent more time than I wanted to spend sidling along a six-inch ledge, Harold Lloyd style, about twenty feet above the stage, in order to get to a little niche where we store spare parts for seats. And on the way back to the ladder, I got tangled up in rigging ropes and saw my life flash before my eyes. Well, most of it. I think I went out for popcorn somewhere around the middle.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I think I went out for popcorn somewhere around the middle.
That line did it; I really did LOL.

As for me it was a comedy of errors. The first time I went to cover the cafe I was washing dishes and gashed my finger 1/4" deep, right on the pad. I had to leave a long line of customers to take care of it while my coworker hurried over. The second time I went over there I spilled hot coffee on my foot, and I was not wearing food service shoes, since I was just covering a break. Ouch. I'm going to nurse my wounds with tea and/or wine.

St. Louis

Practically Family
I'll probably spend the evening curling up with a murder mystery and some great leftovers (pumpkin pie and ice cream spring immediately to mind.)

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I've just finished dinner and am nursing some pinot. I will probably finish the apple pie from yesterday. For once my house is clean and I really should do some laundry, but I probably won't outside of some hand wash. I'll probably end up watching movies.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Just got home from work after a loud, rowdy concert where the audience took its sweet time clearing out after the show. Eating Humpty Dumpty's Bar-B-Q potato chips and drinking orange Gatorade, because I didn't have a chance to buy groceries and don't even want to look at turkey again for a month.

Earlier in the day worked on a sewing project with one of the kids from work who I'm teaching to make her own clothes. It's our fourth project, and we got about halfway thru, but hunger pangs intervened and we put off finishing it until Sunday.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
With tastes like that, it's only a matter of time before your youngun joins the Lounge.

I spent last night at the theatre staff Christmas party, where we played a game where you get a sticky note pasted to your forehead with a name on it, and you have to figure out who the person is by asking everybody else yes or no questions. I spent twenty minutes before I figured out I was Emily Bronte.

I was also presented with a Krackel bar the size of a plank of wood -- they know me all too well.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Tonight we made the horrrible mistake of watching the Dolly Parton special. I didn't know it dealt with child death. I don't want to give away the story line, but it resonated with my daughter for several reasons.

My two year old is devestated.

I feel like the worst mother in the world.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I thought, I was going to go out for a nice night of jazz, dancing, and socializing... instead my body decided to say nope! Apparently performing for Jack Daniel's Sinatra's 100th Birthday celebration party on Saturday was far too exciting, so now I am attempting to take it easy while cleaning the kitchen in bursts of 10 mins here and there. Yay?

St. Louis

Practically Family
I think I'll make a Musgo Pie and read Nightfall in Vienna, a great serialized story I found in some 1940s magazines. I only hope I have all the installments. Musgo Pie is when you open your refrigerator and say, "this must go, and that must go," and then wrap it up in a leftover pie crust that also must go.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Yesterday I blew out the armpit of one of my favorite dresses -- I usually get about a year and a half of wear before they go, and this one was right on schedule. So I'm going to be sewing up the hole tonight. I have a couple of others in the too-shabby-to-wear-to-work pile and may do some rehabilitation on those as well, depending on how my eyes hold up.

Lenore

Practically Family
Spent the evening finishing Dita's book, and now that the kid is packed for Grandma's, I'm indulging in some video games. After she leaves tomorrow, I've got major cleaning and prep for the holiday so I'm being remarkably lazy tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lenore

Practically Family
We dropped the kid off with her Grandma today and on the way back, the hubby and I stopped by the USS Texas battleship. I couldn't believe he had never been and as a vintage enthusiast and native Houstonian, I'm disappointed that I had never brought him. While we were in the gift shop I picked up these two gems, which will be what I'm perusing between laundry.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450659912.079346.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450659920.595118.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana