Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies with cigarettes

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
CincoLupeVelez.jpg

Louise Anne

Suspended
Just thinking cherry lips most photos seam to be of ladies holding cigarettes and not exhaling smoke just wondering if holding a cigarette is seen to be more glam that smoking them!

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I was lucky -- found out why I could never inhale when I tried to smoke cigarettes back in the day: I was allergic to cigarette smoke.

Probably the chemicals they put in it, because, if you blow cigar smoke or pipe tobacco in my face, it doesn't do a thing. But I will get a headache, wheeze and sniffle around burning cigarettes.

So, no looking cool like James Dean did in Rebel Without a Cause, no looking sexy like Simone Signoret did when she "French inhaled" in Room at the Top, no looking world-weary and cynical as Bogart did in a number of his films, no looking romantic as Bette Davis did with Paul Heindrid when they swapped cigs in Now Voyager.

For me, a life without glamour -- or so I thought. My glamorous friends all quit; that is, those who are still alive. My best friend is dead -- at the age of 46, oat cell carcinoma of the lungs.

I do occasionally light up a cigar -- the ones that are made with pipe tobacco and flavored. I liked the photo of Demi Moore that appeared on the cover of Cigar Afficianado some years back. And I do drink martinis.

There's hope for the old girl yet....

karol

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Cigarette girls

Does anybody have any pics of cigarette girls? I haven't had much luck finding any. I'd especially llike some from the 50s-60s. Here's an older one:
MaryBrianDay04.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Photos of Gents smoking cigs do absolutely nothing for me...while it's the opposite with the Ladies......wonder why?....:rolleyes:

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Tomasso said:
Photos of Gents smoking cigs do absolutely nothing for me...while it's the opposite with the Ladies......wonder why?....:rolleyes:
Cigarettes draw attention to the mouth, and the hand, maybe you only like female ones?

james-dean-in-spectacles.jpg

(48)%20james%20dean%20t125.jpg

James+Dean+2.jpg

newman-paul.jpg

1034301414_9de27bc102.jpg

^There's a cigarette there if you look closely, I promise!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
1034301414_9de27bc102.jpg

:eek:fftopic: Lore has it that Paul would drink 1 case (24 bottles) of beer per day. He must have had a very fast metabolism.

swinggal

One Too Many
I smoke on occasion, very rarely though, and if I do it has to be luxury cigarettes - those being Nat Sherman's Hint of Mint or Fantasias. Why? Because if I AM going to smoke a few times a year, it is going to be quality and you don't get better quality than Nats. For me, smoking a Nat Sherman every few months or so is like having a great glass of champagne or or Cognac. It's not something I do all the time.

I cannot imagine what it would like to be addicted to smoking. The urge to smoke all the time just never occurs to me. I also don't make a public show of smoking, in fact most of my friends have no clue that I have one now and again, and that's how I like it.

hint.jpg

Nat%20Sherman%20USA%20Fantasia_2.jpg

swinggal said:
I smoke on occasion, very rarely though, and if I do it has to be luxury cigarettes - those being Nat Sherman's Hint of Mint or Fantasias. Why? Because if I AM going to smoke a few times a year, it is going to be quality and you don't get better quality than Nats. For me, smoking a Nat Sherman every few months or so is like having a great glass of champagne or or Cognac. It's not something I do all the time.

You should have let me know. I would have sent you home with a few decent cigars. ;) :D

swinggal said:
Because if I AM going to smoke a few times a year, it is going to be quality [snip].

I cannot imagine what it would like to be addicted to smoking. The urge to smoke all the time just never occurs to me. I also don't make a public show of smoking, in fact most of my friends have no clue that I have one now and again, and that's how I like it.
Do I detect a bit of politely-translated "Life's too short to waste it on the cheap crap" there?;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ