Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies with cigarettes

DJH

I'll Lock Up
One of my favorite singers, Beth Gibbons

beth-L.jpg

Edward

Bartender
and there are other things you can smoke that aren't toxic ;) haha

Believe that if you want; no credible medical doctor will agree with you that such .... alternatives are not toxic. I should also have thought that advocating criminal activity was rather against the rules of this particular establishment.

For myself, I wouldn't give a hoot about it killing me - it's the unpleasant smell that clings to everything and the significant aging effect that put me off cigarettes. Loos great on screen, in person not so much. [huh]

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
All right folks, back off into your separate corners and chill for a bit. We all know the health risks associated with smoking, so leave them out of the discussion. I started to moderate all this contentiousness today, but realized that the original post back in 2006 left room for debate:

In classic movies, a lady would sometimes be seen with a cigarette hanging about, so with what was considered 'classy' then, is it still viewed as 'classy' or 'sexy' now?

Over the years this thread had evolved to become somewhat of a photographic "celebration" of women smoking, which was why I was looking into possibly deleting posts. Based on the original post, I will leave things as they are for the moment, but if they start getting out of hand, I'll step in.

Feel free to celebrate, deny, or debate the sexiness of Ladies with cigarettes, but leave the rest out of it.

Brad

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
Believe that if you want; no credible medical doctor will agree with you that such .... alternatives are not toxic. I should also have thought that advocating criminal activity was rather against the rules of this particular establishment.

For myself, I wouldn't give a hoot about it killing me - it's the unpleasant smell that clings to everything and the significant aging effect that put me off cigarettes. Loos great on screen, in person not so much. [huh]
Oh yes i 100% agree that there is no such thing as a non-toxic smoke, but there are less toxic alternatives like licorice root for example or elder berry :) hahaha and yes i think we can all agree nobody likes a smoke smelling house,car,clothes, and especially breath! hahaha :) hahahaha :) and whoa there hahaha I would never advocate criminal activity, lets not jump to conclusions hahaha I'm simply saying there are safer alternatives key word safer not non-toxic, I'm not saying "oh go smoke something illegal" I apologize of the winky face made it seem that way, I could see how that could be misinterpreted haha :) honest mistake :) haha burning anything creates harmful carcinogens even BBQing your food produces a bit of them:) haha and I agree that it does look good in movies and pictures, but on real people no so much haha :) Sorry again for the misunderstanding my good fella! :)

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Smoking at The Krazy Kat Klub :D – a bohemian hangout, in a treehouse, in Washington DC. These pictures are from 1921. In 1919 the Washington Post described it as, “something like a Greenwich Village coffee house, in an alley near Thomas Circle”. The building is still there, apparently.

washington-d-c-1921labeledkrazykatshowingagroupofcollege-agekidspaintingandsmokingintheyardofwhatseemstobeacluborrestaurant-whichhasatreehou.jpg

july151921-thetreetoptableatthekrazykatinwashington.jpg

july151921-morestrangegoings-onatthekrazykat.jpg

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
Smoking at The Krazy Kat Klub :D – a bohemian hangout, in a treehouse, in Washington DC. These pictures are from 1921. In 1919 the Washington Post described it as, “something like a Greenwich Village coffee house, in an alley near Thomas Circle”. The building is still there, apparently.

washington-d-c-1921labeledkrazykatshowingagroupofcollege-agekidspaintingandsmokingintheyardofwhatseemstobeacluborrestaurant-whichhasatreehou.jpg

july151921-thetreetoptableatthekrazykatinwashington.jpg

july151921-morestrangegoings-onatthekrazykat.jpg
I really enjoyed these pictures they are really beautiful! :) thank you for sharing! :)

lframe

One of the Regulars
The photos in this thread are so very sexy. I'm an ex-smoker and craved a Dunhill for a few minutes, well, maybe more than a few minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points