Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies with cigarettes

bonnieprince

Familiar Face
When I was younger, I thought certain sophistcated girls who smoked the proper way (not like a gangster) were really sexy. As I grew older, I came to a different conclusion. The carcinogenic effect it has had on so many lives has caused me to despise cigarettes. I also find it reprehnsible that tobacco companies have added more addicitive nicotene to counteract the dwindling numbers of smokers over the years. Because of the disastrous effect it has had on families around the world, I can't even stand the smell of them. Cancer is such a debilitating, slow torturous way to die. I just can't support smoking anymore. When I see mothers smoking with kids in the back of the car now, I get a mixture of emotions from anger to melancholy. owever, truth is truth. I can't stand when people go to the lengths of rewriting history to support their views (such as erasing the image of the WTC from movies). This poster above with Marilyn sans cigarette is absurd. If the publishers don't like cigarettes, they shouldn't use her image. They certainly have no problem selling sex which causes AIDS, Gonorrhea, Herpes, Herpes II Simplex, Syphillus, Cervical Cancer, etc. I read somewhere that 7 million people die every year from STD's. The publishers are hypocrites.

Last edited:

bonnieprince

Familiar Face
I read the thread listed above. It's disgraceful. We, mankind, must admit that none of us are perfect. We all have faults and need to accept people with the good and the bad. And we need to stop judging people in the past by the morals of today. I am sure there are things we do today that will be lambasted in the future(hopefully, starting with erasing history), so we need to get off our high horses. I can't believe they erased the cigar from Churchill's mouth. Don't they realize that many cigar companies call their largest size cigars "the Churchill"? Are we going to hide the fact that he drank a pint of champagne every day too? There are things I don't care for in life, but I am not about to go and change history to suit my tastes. It's beyond OCD. It's pathetic and childish. It sounds like something a 9 year old would come up with.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Sandra Dee

SandraDeemirror.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
^^^
Betty was such a nice lady!!!! thanks for posting!

here is Ginger Rogers smoking, George Gershwin at the piano...Fred Astaire close by...fedoras nice times...
gingerrodgers4.jpg

mummyjohn

Familiar Face
I'm just disappointed that most of the smokin' ladies I know prefer widely available brands like Marlboro. I had a Lucky for the first time last week, and now nothing else can even compete. Not quite as readily available, but bloody good.

Edward

Bartender
I had a girlfriend years ago was a smoker. I think one of the reasons it didn't work out was I got hung up on that - I became convinced she'd be the one would die as a result. I meant well, but... Nowadays I would just have tried to cajole her onto a pipe instead....

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
I like to put a different kind of cigarette ;) in a long cigarette holder hahaha I dont think tobacco is sexy at all haha in women or men hahahahaha it makes aging a nightmare and i just gross in general haha

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
I'm with you, there is nothing sexy about smoking. I just had a client die of lung cancer having just turned 50. She left behind two children, one special needs.

Nothing sexy about that at all.

I agree, and there is also nothing sexy about risking your life or at-least a risking a really ugly hole in your neck o_O hahaha I would never think lesser of someone who smokes hahaha but i do annoy them by trying to get them to quit haha my Opinion is a lady should smell of flowers, not stale tobacco and ash-trays haha and just for health reasons women shouldn't smoke, it increases your risk for heart problems and some studies have shown links to breast-cancer and us women already have the highest rate of heart-disease so why add all the risks smoking makes on-top of all the health risks us women already face without them, sexy or not, its not worth risking your good-health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21