Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lady Adventurers, Women of Mystery!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Posted by Request...

I had recently purchased these old photos and was asked to post them here. Here is a gal in 1930's winter wear! Red and I named her Marcella.

vintagephoto0007.jpg

vintagephoto0014.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
Thanks, Lo! And that reminds me, I ought to re-post that hunting suit instead of just a link. It's definitely worth seeing.

womensoutingclothing01.jpg
womensoutingclothing023.jpg

womensoutingclothing05.jpg
womensoutingclothing06.jpg

womensoutingclothing04.jpg
womensoutingclothing03.jpg

Ebay Seller said:
Description: Up for auction I have vintage Kamp-It outfit, pants and jacket. They are in good condition but will need to be washed. The jacket is great with a belted waist (one button is chipped) measures 20 inches from armpit to armpit, sleeves are 18 inches long and jacket is 30 inches long.
The pants waist is 24 inches, inseam is 21 inches and outerseam is 31 inches. The jacket and pants are slightly different colors, I bought them at the same estate and they have the same tags so I assume they go together.

The auction ended at $13.16. :eek:

Note the very short inseam. These look just like what "Marcella" is wearing to skate; I believe they're called plus twos, since the trouser leg bags over about two inches. (And that explains why mens' vintage golfing trousers seem so baggy - they're plus fours.)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
ACK! That hunting suit is TO DIE FOR!!! I'm saving the pics... maybe someday I'll actually make it. AMAZING. And so sad it went for so low!

And Marcella's awfully cute ;)

Girl Friday

Practically Family
The breeches are a perfect fit!

And btw, Ballyhoo was awesome, I ordered them on Wed. and had them on Sat.!

The event we are going to is at the end of the month, we are planning on taking loads of pictures!

Girl Friday

Practically Family
Hat...

Okay, the last part of the outfit. I am looking for a straw hat with a really wide brim, and doesn't cost way over $100!

I've looked around quite a bit, but I haven't really had a whole lot of luck...any suggestions?

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
I got a very wide-brimmed straw hat from H&M last week, it measures about 22" across! So you might want to check there. I think it's supposed to look 1970's but it easily looks 30's too.

texasgirl

One Too Many
These Boots Were Made for Driving!

I stumbled across this picture. Titled "Miss Hazel Jones and Miss Marion Cameron in 1922." They look like maybe they're going horseback riding? But I love the outfits- and the ties, wouldn't have thought of that!

06621u.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
06621u.jpg

What a great picture--I want their boots! Also, they look so feminine despite wearing ties, love that. And doesn't that car look like it just rolled off the assembly line--so shiny!

Laughing Magpie

One of the Regulars
For Fun:

I just finished up a costume for a science fiction convention I'm going to next week. It incorporates a bunch of vintage gear and fits 'Lady Adventurers, Women of Mystery' - though it's in the 'Steampunk' sort of theme and certainly not period-correct! This costume is supposed to be a kind of vampire/werewolf hunter, so there a crucifix, silver bullets, holy water vials, etc.

IMG_5032.jpg

Vintage gear:
Derby Hat - Dobbs of New York, 1920s-30s I think.
Antique glasses with fold-up shades - who knows?
Blouse - 1910s I think.
Gentleman's tux waistcoat - made by Thomas A. Brooks and Co, Boston. For Mr. G.P. Cooley (I think... the writing is a bit smudged) Nov. 1/99. The label is on the back belt. That's not 1999!! I adore my waistcoat. Mr Cooley and I were the very same size. And 1899 was the year James Cagney was born.
Young man's Jodphurs - NRA label.

In these pictures I'm wearing my replica of a Star Wars blaster from wood and a BBQ lighter, and I'm just ad hocing a holster from my belts. For the real thing, I have a super-duper aether-disrupting firearm, vaguely inspired by those guns called blunderbusses that were used to hunt elephants. However, mine is being made from an antique toy clarinet... and hence we call it the 'Blunderbassoon' :)

IMG_5027.jpg

Jen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner