Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lady Adventurers, Women of Mystery!

Mary

Practically Family
Amazing! I'd love to see you in it.

fad001.jpg

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
No I don't wear it hiking. It is in excellent condition, and it's just too risky out there in the woods. I do have a pair of black tweed knickers that I wear, though.

BombshellBella

Familiar Face
I never thought about an adventure outfit, haha... I'm inspired I will have to dig in my closet and see what I can come up with!

BTW, great outfits everyone! I'm really liking the equestrian styled ones!

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Being a Colorado girl that is immediately where I assumed - but every time I assume I make an...well, you know, out of myself! I would have felt really silly when I replied and was all excited about our Camp Hale and you were like "um, not that one." But it is and now I can get all excited! It is such a big part of history here and especially for those of us with a skiing obsession! They have a great little tribute to it in the ski museum in Vail and of course it is easy to go by the site if you go up to Leadville! Thanks for posting the picture - I have to say that I have rarely (in fact , possibly never) seen a Camp Hale picture with a lady in it. Now I want to go back to every museum and look to see if there are!

alden405

A-List Customer
The lady is Maria Luthar,wife of the officer in boots and breeches,Walter Luthar
He was a Cavalry officer that ended up in Company M,87th Mountain Infantry Regiment.

Regards

Sam

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
alden405 said:
The lady is Maria Luthar,wife of the officer in boots and breeches,Walter Luthar
He was a Cavalry officer that ended up in Company M,87th Mountain Infantry Regiment.

Regards

Sam

A fate worse than death. A cavalry officer ending up in a infantry outfit. :D

Kifaru

New in Town
Pardon me for peeking, m'ladies, but what a fantastic resource for my darling bride! Now I know where to point her to find her own kit. Thanks!

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Speaking of kits - does anyone have a basic kit that has a vintage flair? I know the guys have kit components out the wazoo - any ladies? I will see about pictures of some of the things I have been collecting - to give my outdoor adventures some flair!

nico demouse

Familiar Face
I was at Target last night, and they have leather bomber style jackets on clearance for about 20 dollars. They were very Amelia Earhart looking and reminded me of this thread!

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
That would be fun to have, especially at that price. To bad it seems like our closest Target (30 miles?) never seems to have very good deals. Things that go on sale at other peoples Targets don't at ours. I will look to see next time I am there though (fits in well with my jacket obsession.)

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
Sam, that is a dandy photo. Thanks for sharing it.

Ladies, I just got a wonderful item in the mail - a late 1910s hiking skirt:
teenshikingskirt%20001.jpg

teenshikingskirt%20002.jpg

If you are just wanting the look, you might seek out some of the early stuff from Banana Republic. They did lots of khaki skirts in this style, but without the great pockets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points