Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Land of the LOST as a movie

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
It will be a comedy because Will Ferrell is in it. :)
I read that Stranger Than Fiction was his least successful movie in terms of $$s and public reception.
His current performances show him sticking to the niche he has carved for himself. It would be brave and creative of him to branch out and stretch his acting skills but I do not see that happening.

Even if this was possible, and even if it ever happened, does anyone working on Land of the Lost: The Movie believe it is the right kind of edgy, out there, remarkable materiall that warrants branching and or stretching?

Hope not.

I have now officially posted more words on Land of the Lost than a well-adjusted adult ought to post. Now... back up to hats.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Doug McClure

Does anyone remember this EdgarRiceBurroughs B-film from the `70s?

LandThatTimeForgot.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
MrBern said:

LandThatTimeForgot.jpg

You bet! I even still have the graphic novel in my collection somewhere. Bought it back when this film came out one Sunday morning when my Pop & I were getting the Sunday paper and doughnuts. Saw it in the magazine rack and soaked it up. Then we saw the movie on tv and thought it was pretty good but didn't measure up to the graphic novel.
This one is ripe for a remake, and I think Peter Jackson would be great for it.

Cheers!

Dan

MrBern

I'll Lock Up

Vornholt

One of the Regulars
MrBern said:

LandThatTimeForgot.jpg

Saw this on cable a few months ago. Not bad, but if only it had looked as good as that poster promises. Marvelous novels; they really deserve a modern outing.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
There was a preview during the SuperBowl. The original Saturday morning show was straightforward sci-fi adventure, not a campy comedy. Im skipping it.
There are times when I'm watching JurassicParkIII on cable, or LOST, and it brings to mind the old LandoftheLost.

3099808486_e2102bf8c9.jpg

3245762376_23ce1aa595.jpg

Belegnole

One of the Regulars
You know I almost can't think of what to say, and that might be better. Maybe I should have stayed up in hat territory where the past isn't being ruined in such a horrific way.

Then I saw that add slick with Will in the front of the boat and thought....maybe it wont be so bad. The original was campy in a major way and even if I had the hots for Holly it was rather bad. Maybe Will Ferrel will play a lost and bumbling dad who gets shown up by the smart sleestack and we will laugh at what was already funny. So many films that try to be serious fail, maybe Ferrel will succeed here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy