Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Land of the LOST as a movie

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
a `70s Sid & MArty Kroft saturday morning show will be a WillFerrel comedy.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2008-04-28-land-of-the-lost_N.htm

land-lostx-large.jpg

thankfully no CGI for the Sleestak , jsut men in rubber suits!

Marty Krofft says nostalgia is a major part of the movie's appeal: "I think they'll cheer when they see the Sleestaks."

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm on the fence about this one. Of course I'll see it, and of COURSE it was a piece of 70's camp, but the thought of Will Ferrel starring in it is dissapointing.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
I was dissappointed to see its going to be a comedy.
As a kid in the `70s I took it dead serious.
But I havent seen it in 33 years.

The first season was well regarded as it had scripts from established sci-fi writers plus some of the people associated w/ Trek.

I seem to remember there was one episode that had a civil war or rev war soldier who named the Lizard men SLEESTAKS and said it was after a General.
Funny how that sort of nonsense can stick in your brain.
Land_of_the_Lost_%281974%29_-_Sleestak.jpg

I suppose this movie will be a kooky romp like TheBradyBunch movie.

Feraud

Bartender
Will Ferrell played a character named Federal Wildlife Marshall Willenholly in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Just wanted to put that useless trivia out there.

rumblefish

One Too Many
MrBern said:
I was dissappointed to see its going to be a comedy.
As a kid in the `70s I took it dead serious.
But I havent seen it in 33 years.

The first season was well regarded as it had scripts from established sci-fi writers plus some of the people associated w/ Trek.

I seem to remember there was one episode that had a civil war or rev war soldier who named the Lizard men SLEESTAKS and said it was after a General.
Funny how that sort of nonsense can stick in your brain.
Land_of_the_Lost_%281974%29_-_Sleestak.jpg

I suppose this movie will be a kooky romp like TheBradyBunch movie.

Yeah, I remember that one. I think he was killing and eating them, he said they tasted like lobster.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Well, Will Ferrell can do the frizzy hair but I don't know about his performance. This is another case where I just don't think there's enough plot for a feature film but, god knows, that never stopped Hollywood before!

This show gave me the creeps as a kid between the Sleetaks and the dinosaurs. I seem to recall being particularly freaked out the TRex sticking his head into the cave they were living in (but maybe I just made that up in my fevered 6 year old imagination).

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
imoldfashioned said:
Well, Will Ferrell can do the frizzy hair but I don't know about his performance. This is another case where I just don't think there's enough plot for a feature film but, god knows, that never stopped Hollywood before!

This show gave me the creeps as a kid between the Sleetaks and the dinosaurs. I seem to recall being particularly freaked out the TRex sticking his head into the cave they were living in (but maybe I just made that up in my fevered 6 year old imagination).

Not enuff plot,Really? C'mon, The Brady Bunch movie did well enuff to spawn sequels. It probably has more plot tha the JurassicPark movies....
The question is, will it have enuff giggles & laughs for a WillFerrell comedy?

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Mike in Seattle said:
I guess that depends on what you consider great...the movie was more a parody/spoof of the original series.

lol Very diplomatic.

Dragnet was a stinker - a total waste of time and attention.

If I was a betting man (hey, wait a minute, I am!) I'd bet that Land of the Lost will also stink.

But I've been wrong before. I predicted that Titanic (the movie, not the ship) would be a disaster and that Pirates of the Caribbean would flop.

So, there ya go.

Feraud

Bartender
jake_fink said:
But I've been wrong before. I predicted that Titanic (the movie, not the ship) would be a disaster and that Pirates of the Caribbean would flop.

So, there ya go.
Obviously your film tastes do not run to the mainstream.
That is a compliment. :)

RIOT

Practically Family
Now, will the movie use the trio's base camp, cave, like on the original 1974 series, complete with it's perfectly formed rock "steps" or the tree house from 1991..?

Caroline

One of the Regulars
imoldfashioned said:

I, too was creeped out by this show and seem to recall a lot of near-devouring situations. My older brothers watched this stuff. I blame Sid and Marty for digging many a dark corner in my young mind. To this day I am equally disturbed-yet-transfixed by the Pufnstuf show as I am by any David Lynch film.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran